Films with men in skirts...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Films with men in skirts...

Post by straightfairy »

Just been having a nosey on the Bravehearts Kilt forum, where there's a section devoted to films featuring men in skirts and kilts.
Then just realised I've been watching "Jackie Chan's 'Who am I' " where he is living with an African tribe after losing his memory. Said tribesmen are all seen wearing their native wrap-style skirts, and so is Jackie Chan..
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: Films with men in skirts...

Post by Since1982 »

90% of all black or blackish men in Africa wear muslim robes or wrap skirts, the most colorful of them are the Masai tribe who raise cattle and kill lions. To reach what is considered "adulthood" a young man must KILL a LION with a spear. Not a rifle. It's a fact that 70% of all men on this planet wear skirted garb. Not trousers. The Africans who wear trousers all the time are white and mostly live in South Africa. They are of Dutch ancestry. The Afrikaners and they speak Afrikaan.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Came across The Phantom Empire, a 1935 vintage science fiction/western. Starring Gene Autry-"radio's singing cowboy". Except when on horse back, the men of the undergound city wear what appear to be Male Unbifurcated Garments (MUGs). Some officials wear what appear to be long robes, while guards with spears wear garments resembling Roman tunics. Interesting, but the costumes included elements that looked ridiculous, such as absurd head gear. (The style is somewhat reminiscent of The Wizard of Oz). Actually, the most appealing garment was worn by a girl-Betsy King Ross-a sort of divided skirt with pockets.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

The film "The Time Machine" from 1960 where all men and women wore smock like garments (see pics) - and look a bit like dresses.

Image Image
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

It seems to be a recurring theme, that in films or TV programmes set in the future, everyone wears skirts. Maybe the costume designers have a crystall ball. Or maybe they realise that a garment as comfortable as a skirt is bound to come back into fashion for men sooner or later!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

skirtingtoday wrote:The film "The Time Machine" from 1960 where all men and women wore smock like garments (see pics) - and look a bit like dresses.

Image Image
Unfortunately those people are nothing more than cattle for the morloks to eat (if I remember the story correctly!) - Not a great thing to be associated with in my mind :(
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

There's a more recent rendition of "The Time Machine" starring Australian actor Guy Pearce where the Morlocks are more animalistic with animal skins. Guy Pearce plays the Jules Verne character and its a much more realistic movie than the earlier one that those pictures are from. The eaten people look more like aboriginals than Hollywood blond/blue actors.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/