Science of the Time Network -- Skirts for Men

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Science of the Time Network -- Skirts for Men

Post by JRMILLER »

Guys,
Check this out.... http://www.scienceofthetime.com/cool/the_skirt_for_men/

I particularly like this photo:

-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Science of the Time Network -- Skirts for Men

Post by straightfairy »

Nice pic. :)
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I thought I wore long skirts. :lol:
I suspect I would be tripping over these all the time.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I wear skirts that length reasonably often in the winter-time, and can confidently state that if one wears a petticoat under the hem just stays out of the way pretty much no matter what one is doing. As far as the hackneyed photo has it, I can actually lift the hem to relieve myself and present the same silhouette as presented. Long and full skirts tend to have vast hem-circumferences so one can do "interesting things" with part of the skirt and not have it transfer to other parts.

As a side note, why is it that there's such a fascination with what goes in in the men's room when it comes to blokes in skirts? "Bio-breaks" are "bio-breaks": get over it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Looks as if you need two hands when in skirts, but one is enough in trousers.

Martin
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

Carl,
I wasn't fascinated by the bio aspects of the photo, for me it first just the long skirts and that they were obviously guys. Somehow this almost pulls it into the mainstream -- almost...
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

couyalair wrote:Looks as if you need two hands when in skirts, but one is enough in trousers.

Martin
Not if the skirts have flies, like my long denim ones, when I get a chance, my photos thread will get an update, but I don't get any time at the moment due to work at work and a partial house rebuild at home.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

If you look in the link provided http://www.scienceofthetime.com/cool/the_skirt_for_men/ you'll see a very outspoken member posting a lot of comments over a couple of years. The name is "SkirtedMan" and it's me. :D :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Don

Post by Don »

Wow! I'd long heard of the proverbial "pissing contest", but I never thought I'd see one here!!!..

Actually, one of the big drawbacks in the early MenInTIme poroduct line is that using a public stand-up urinal GRACEFULLY was a challenge (It did not have a zipper fly, IHMO a required feature of a men's skirt)..

I think the accompanying photo has been around for quite a while!!!

Don
Oakland, NJ
Don
Oakland, NJ
Wesley

Post by Wesley »

couyalair wrote:Looks as if you need two hands when in skirts, but one is enough in trousers.

Martin
You lift the front of the skirt and tuck it under your chin!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

All my 20 straight or 11 A-line skirts have zippers. Only my 3 circle skirts do not have zippers as I just pull up the back of the skirt and underskirts and sit when I'm wearing one of those. I only wear those to Bingo, as it's easier in the Bingo hall where they discriminate and have no urinals in the bathrooms in the Hall. As 90% of the Bingo players are women, they just patronize them. Even though they complain if a man misses the hole and hits the seat. Bingo is a fun thing for a man in a skirt when almost all of the Bingo players are friends of mine. Only have a rare problem in the Winter when there are what they call Winter Visitors making disparaging remarks about (this) man in a skirt. The regs usually shut the "out of townie" up without me saying anything. :faint:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

I dunno for me it's easier...a lot easier!..to go (Nr. 1 anyway) wearing a skirt than pants. And it makes it a lot more convenient also with my medical condition which I won't go into because it would probably violate forum rules. :P Peace.
Jack Williams
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jack Williams »

I have been posting on this site under "Murray", but it seems to have ground to a halt lately.