Another open minded article

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
rogerbigfish

Another open minded article

Post by rogerbigfish »

Hi all,

Here is another reasonably open minded article about men's fashion and skirts from the perspective of London Fashion Week. Unfortunately it is not illustrated and many of the reader's comments are not supportive. However the author seems to like skirts.

http://www.fashionbeans.com/mens-style/ ... man-skirt/

Roger.
Uncle Al

Re: Another open minded article

Post by Uncle Al »

I've posted some comments to the website. They haven't been
approved yet, but will advise when they're live.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ChrisM »

Al's comments were approved and they're up now...

Chris
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

My comment has also been approved (Posted as "Ian" - well, that is my name :D)

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I followed the link posted by Roger and found four pictures at the top of the page. I think the off-white skirt on the far right is interesting. I certainly can't carry off the tough guy look some of them are expressing in the pictures; but I'm happy in my silk skirts. :D
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I just posted there too. Regarding the comments of poster "David" who said only Scotsmen look good in kilts. My comment was>>

As Skip,the Admin of the skirts4men website I get to meet a lot of skirted/kilted masculine, manly men. I have a question for one of the earlier posters, DAVID, who said: “Only Scotsmen look GREAT in a kilt”..My question is, take 6 caucasians with white skin, red hair and blue eyes, 1 from each of these countries, Scotland, Ireland, England, America, South Africa and Australia and put an identical Black Watch kilt on all 6 of them. I’d like that poster “DAVID” from February 12th,2010 to PLEASE tell me the Scotsman is the ONLY one that looks GOOD in his kilt and why. Of course, first he has to tell all of us, which one is the Scotsman??

As an aside, the 4 models were, as usual, dressed in a way NO ONE would dress on any public street, especially the one that looks like a clown.

:thewave:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Since1982 wrote: Of course, first he has to tell all of us, which one is the Scotsman??
Must agree with you there Skip. The "Only Scotsmen can look good in a kilt" logic defeats me. What have Scotsmen got that other men haven't - an extra limb perhaps?

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

What have Scotsmen got that others haven't?

They are normally wetter! and a sort of blue colour when at home, then an angry red colour when exposed to the Sun, which is a novelty here!

By the way, the weeks of sub-zero temperatures with blue skies have ended at last, now it's back to West of Scotland rain.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Charlie wrote:The "Only Scotsmen can look good in a kilt" logic defeats me. What have Scotsmen got that other men haven't - an extra limb perhaps?
Extraordinarily white legs? :D

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Big and Bashful wrote:What have Scotsmen got that others haven't?
For most sheeple, Kilt=Scot. Just assume the people saying these kinds of things are narrow-minded and will bleat anything that doesn't require any independent thought.

Sorry, just feeling deeply cynical about humanity today.....
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

There is a huge grin on my face right now. That first photo has such a delightfully outlandish costume and I love it. How neat that the skirt becomes the least noticed element among the mask, hot pink leggings, and hairy purple sporran! :lol: