H&M bashing ...

Clippings from news sources involving fashion freedom and other gender equality issues.
CJFMix

H&M bashing ...

Post by CJFMix »

http://bossip.com/206125/gtfoh-hm-has-a ... ollection/

Where are theese people from ???

I'm amazed that such uneducated people still exist in 2010 !!!

Sorry guys , I'm speechless !!!
When you look good , you can go anywhere !!!
nicothoe
Distinguished Member

Re: H&M bashing ...

Post by nicothoe »

Hehehe. I left the following comment:
I'm not gay, but I happily wear skirts. The wife is quite used to it, the girlfriend totally adores it, and my date tonight is certainly not phased by it.

I realize that most men wouldn't be seen dead in a skirt, as they would be too concerned about what their male friends think of them. It takes a lot of balls for a man to wear a skirt...and quite frankly, most men don't have them. I do.

Since wearing skirt, I have discovered that most of my female friends will often comment on what I am wearing. It certainly get me noticed. So while you guys are busy dressing to impress other guys, I appear to be impressing the ladies. And believe me, it is working. ;-)
Obviously it goes without saying that I dress to please myself, and I certainly not not out to impress anyone.
Be Bold. Be Skirted.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

CJFMix wrote:I'm amazed that such uneducated people still exist in 2010 !!!

Sorry guys , I'm speechless !!!
I'll have to admit that two phrases crossed my mind on reading some of that pap: "utterly appalled" and "not terribly surprised".

I'm just glad that that's not the world I travel in.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Just another example of the old adage that birds of a feather flock together.

I suspect few of the contributors are quite so "brave" when on their own in meatspace.

Have fun,

Ian.

PS: A guy I used to work for would simply respond to this with a shake of the head and a muttered "Never under estimate the power of stupidity".
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Milfmog wrote: A guy I used to work for would simply respond
to this with a shake of the head and a muttered
"Never under estimate the power of stupidity".
Ian,

That is a great quote :!:
It really hits the nail right square on the head :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Two words sprang to my mind----Jurassic Park! I can say no more without lowering myself to their level.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Sigh.....
Well - I left a comment. I can't usually be bothered, but I did so this time. I expect I will get flamed, but I don't care. It's time I made a stand.

I’m a man, I’m English, I live in an industrial city in northern England. I have worn skirts openly in public for at least 15 years. I can and do wear skirts anywhere I wish including in my work place – currently as a university lecturer and also in my previous job as a government department research scientist.
Never, ever, not once, in all that time have I had any adverse comment or criticism from anyone whatsoever, concerning my clothing choices.
I am not gay (not that it is any business of anyone’s); I am happily married, with grown-up children. My wife fully supports my fashion choices.
Skirt-wearing men are not often seen, but there are quite a few of us around, just getting on with it quietly, because that’s what we like to do. I think the latest H&M mens’ skirt is very smart and I will be on the look out for one.
I am appalled by the narrow-minded, hateful, ignorant bigotry shown by the majority of posters on this thread. I think it just demonstrates their own insecurity and their inability to conceive of anything slightly different outside their own small-minded, insular and violent environment.
Putting on a skirt will not make your ***** drop off nor the world come to an end. If you yourself don’t want to wear a skirt, then don’t. No-one is forcing you. But for goodness sake grow up and let us have an end to this ridiculous manufactured indignation and nastiness towards those of us that have sufficient free-thinking ability to be creative in what we wear and who are not afraid to stand apart from your dinosaur-brained herd mentality.

The profanity filter on that website automatically censored my post. The asterisks stand for 'small spherical objects' but I expect you guessed that anyway.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That was very well written, Stevie. It's always nice to see a cogent, well thought out, and rational response to such mindless drivel. I applaud you for it!

However, the overall tone of the commentary on that site points up a rather low quality of character, and my own life-experience indicates that trying to reason with such souls is all too frequent a waste of time, effort, and breath. Perhaps I'm using an overly-broad brush with which to slather those involved, and perhaps, just perhaps, may make an attempt like yours if an opportunity presents itself.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Thanks, Carl. :)
As you say, it's probably a waste of time - people will believe what they want, regardless of any rational argument to the contrary. But sometimes it doesn't do any harm to have a bit of a well thought out rant. I look forward to reading your conbtribution if you feel so minded.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I usually get really upset at the drivel written on these things. This time, I had a curious reaction. I thought, "so what. These people are mostly moronic; they will not affect me or my mood" and idly looked at the odd post, smiled, and returned here.

Good post, Stevie, but I doubt the logic will penetrate their thick skulls.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Stevie said: not make your ***** drop off nor the world come to an end. If you yourself don’t want to wear a skirt, then don’t. No-one is forcing you. But for goodness sake grow up and let us have an end to this ridiculous manufactured indignation and nastiness towards those of us that have sufficient free-thinking ability to be creative in what we wear and who are not afraid to stand apart from your dinosaur-brained herd mentality.

The profanity filter on that website automatically censored my post. The asterisks stand for 'small spherical objects' but I expect you guessed that anyway.
And here I was assuming the ***** was referring to a rolling pin shaped body part(named after the late ex-President Richard M. Nixon,"Tricky ****") instead of golf balls shaped ones.
BAD Skip, bad bad bad! :alien: :hide: :alien:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

My contribution:

I’m a straight guy, married with kids. I’m big – I work out with weights and people don’t mess with me. I would no more think of crossdressing than I’d think of sawing off my leg. I wouldn’t dream of wearing an ear-ring, carrying a “man bag” or wearing any kind of cosmetics because I find them far too girly.

However, skirts are a different matter entirely. The notion that the ONLY thing a man can wear is two cloth tubes, one per leg, is ridiculously restrictive. Frankly, I get bored with just having the option of pants, pants or pants, so I welcome the development of something else. So long as any skirt is cut in a masculine way, and worn with manly stuff, what’s the problem? On a warm summer’s day, a sarong beats shorts for comfort every time (try one!).

There was a time when women were limited to dresses, but they had the sense to challenge that, and they were right and brave to do so. Now it’s time for men to show the same guts, and I appreciate H&M for having the guts to market skirts for guys.

Stu
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Sure is nice to see you posting again, Stu.. :D :D :D :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by renesm1 »

Welcome back Stu - we've missed you!!!
Stu wrote:My contribution:

I’m a straight guy, married with kids. I’m big – I work out with weights and people don’t mess with me. I would no more think of crossdressing than I’d think of sawing off my leg. I wouldn’t dream of wearing an ear-ring, carrying a “man bag” or wearing any kind of cosmetics because I find them far too girly.

However, skirts are a different matter entirely. The notion that the ONLY thing a man can wear is two cloth tubes, one per leg, is ridiculously restrictive. Frankly, I get bored with just having the option of pants, pants or pants, so I welcome the development of something else. So long as any skirt is cut in a masculine way, and worn with manly stuff, what’s the problem? On a warm summer’s day, a sarong beats shorts for comfort every time (try one!).

There was a time when women were limited to dresses, but they had the sense to challenge that, and they were right and brave to do so. Now it’s time for men to show the same guts, and I appreciate H&M for having the guts to market skirts for guys.

Stu
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Wow! thanks everyone! I haven't been away - I come here most days, even if I don't often post.

Still plugging the skirts. :D

Stu