Can't edit some older answers

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
WesleyN
Member Extraordinaire

Can't edit some older answers

Post by WesleyN »

Sorry I can't edit older answers of me. I miss the edit button. Sometimes you want to change it. Is it possible for every post you add, to make possible to edit?
Can't Edit.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Can't edit some older answers

Post by crfriend »

WesleyN wrote:Sorry I can't edit older answers of me. I miss the edit button. Sometimes you want to change it. Is it possible for every post you add, to make possible to edit?
There's a two-week window in which posts can be edited. I forgot that I'd put that in place, and the reason it did get put in place is that a few members that flounced from the forum in very splashy and spectacular ways sometimes badly disturbed some of the threads that they'd contributed -- sometimes very cogently -- to.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

If you don't edit alter correct your post within the window of time ---
I view it as like leaving Feedback on Ebay - that's it no going back
no changing - fully committed to what you have posted.
Perhaps Carl as the almighty Wizard can fix it but then maybe if
he did it while in the sorcerers apprentice mode thing may get worse !

Remember to use the PREVIEW function before SUBMITTING and
quickly make the corrections necessary within the window provided
if you hit the Submit button too early.

Be nice if you submit something and time runs out you can only apologize
for the error.

OK Carl I need some help here - turn off the water and restore the mops
and buckets to their orchestrated broom closets ! LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

r.m.anderson wrote:OK Carl I need some help here - turn off the water and restore the mops and buckets to their orchestrated broom closets ! LOL !
And with a yawn, the sleepy wizard reaches over, turns off the tap with his left hand (it was closer), and yells at the brooms to calm the f**k down.

Ah, the magical music of Dukas. Even without Disney's animation it's compelling, but with the animation becomes magically brilliant! Stokowski's absolutely brilliant scoring of J.S. Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D-Minor is some of the best stuff going. For as much as I hate Mickey Mouse and what the Disney conglomerate became over the years, Fantasia remains an unparalleled masterpiece. I really need to fix my LaserDisk player...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtingseattle

Post by skirtingseattle »

My maternal grandfather, William Wallace Gray, was an animator at the Disney Studios and was hired to work on the first full length animated feature "Snow White". He also worked on Fantasia among other works but eventually was part of the 1941 strike against the studio that lead to his departure. Anything Disney related was verboten in our house while I was growing up, and I only got to appreciate Fantasia as an adult at university. In lieu of Disney, I grew up on Dr. Seuss and the original illustrations by John Tenniel in "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There." My father played nothing but classical music on the stereo when we were young, so all of the music in Fantasia was well known to me. But it was the artwork in the first half of Fantasia that was truly amazing.