Questions

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
skirtedbrit
Distinguished Member

Questions

Post by skirtedbrit »

How about a questions or request for information page? I am going to Vienna in May and would like info on whether its ok to wear a skirt, especially in the concert halls.
Milfmog

Re: Questions

Post by Milfmog »

skirtedbrit wrote:How about a questions or request for information page?
The whole forum is here to provide information and answers to questions... Do you really need another page?
I am going to Vienna in May and would like info on whether its ok to wear a skirt, especially in the concert halls.
I have not been to Vienna but I see no reason why a skirt should be a problem there; I suspect many folks wear skirts or dresses (though the majority of them will be females :D), I have worn skirts and kilts in most Europen countries and have never encountered an issue as a result of it. All I would say is choose something appropriate (don't visit a Cathedral in a skirt that leaves your underwear visible) and I'd be amazed if you have any issues.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

Austria (so much to see there) has kilted men competing in pseudo Highland games, and a company that produces kilts in their very own tartan, Rettl based in Graz, so I doubt you will be the first unbifurcated visitor.

Martin
ps : Hope you will have better weather than I did; it poured down every day (except in Graz, as it happens, where I visited the lovely open-air museum), until I finally just gave up and took the next train home.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

I don't know if we need another page.

In October last year I wore kilts in Vienna. No problems at all. I wasn't to a concert but I'm convinced that a kilt should be fully accepted.

Concerning a skirt: The Austrians have Conchita (European Song Contest Winner 2014), so why not a skirt (or even a dress) in Viennea? And especially in May when the 2015 contest takes place there?
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.