New Sub-Catagory in Fashion Section

Discuss recent changes, make suggestions, etc.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

New Sub-Catagory in Fashion Section

Post by r.m.anderson »

crfriend:

How about making a new section (sub-catagory) in the Fashion Section?

TITLE: "WHAT ARE YOU WEARING NOW?"

Previously the forum had a post "What did you wear out and about today?" 30 pages
Started by crfriend 04feb2006 and last post by Bob 01Jan2008

Another similiar post "What are you wearing typing this?" 5 pages
Started by Big&Bashful 23Dec2006 and last post by Since1982 28May2007

And yet another post "What are we wearing as we post?" 3 pages
Started by Since1982 22Jul2007 and last post by Binx 15Aug2007

Presently a posting "What did you wear out and about today?" Part 2 19 pages
Started by rig0r 02Jan2008 and last post by Superdave 12Oct2008

Perhaps these 4 previous sub-catagories can be merged into the new one keeping the
previous history in one location.

This will simplify all the "what are we wearing" into one central sub-catagory location.

Any comments from others on the forum?

rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: New Sub-Catagory in Fashion Section

Post by Since1982 »

I don't think that works. "What are we wearing" is no different than "What are we wearing as we post". It doesn't infer we are out in public skirted, "what are we wearing out and about" does infer we are out and about in public skirted. That's why I post to this thread instead of mine ...as we post..When the first "what are we wearing" thread came out probably 10 percent of our membership or less went kilted/skirted anywhere except in their houses or back yards with timer cameras. Now, probably 50% does go out in public kilted/skirted some of the time, and fewer go out all of the time, but this is changing as we get more empowered with our and our friends results and experiences. My vote is for keeping the "What are we wearing out and about" type thread. perhaps adding "in public" to it. Edit fixes things like that. Just a suggestion. 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: New Sub-Catagory in Fashion Section

Post by crfriend »

r.m.anderson wrote:How about making a new section (sub-catagory) in the Fashion Section?

TITLE: "WHAT ARE YOU WEARING NOW?"
Note: this is written from my personal perspective, not the perspective of a moderator. Caveat lecteur.

Well, there are two separate "classes" in that notion, which is why I first started the "out and about" thread (with the implication that it was "in public"). There's a function and a place for both.

"What are you wearing now?" carries with it the implication of immediacy -- i.e. "what am I wearing as I type this" -- whereas "what did you wear 'out and about'" bears the implication of, I just got back from somewhere and I'd like to relate my experiences. Personally, I believe that the latter carries a bit more weight when it comes to inspiring those who haven't sallied forth from the confines of home.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!