What is this artical saying ?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Aloofguru

What is this artical saying ?

Post by Aloofguru »

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/11/19/ ... sfrontpage

Hirayama said: "For young men, wearing women's clothes has almost become a status symbol - a confirmation of being slim and pretty and, therefore, desirable. Young women, on the other hand, are less interested now in looking beautiful for the benefit of young men. They dress up for themselves, for their own satisfaction."

This seeming reversal of traditional gender roles has spawned such interesting fashion items as the "unsexy miniskirt,"

What is Your take on tokyo fashion?
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

I look at it as a step forward.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What is this artical saying ?

Post by Charlie »

They dress up for themselves, for their own satisfaction.
I do that, having given up trying to please everyone all the time (wife excepted :) )

An interesting article, ans as Pythos says, a step forward. Wonder when it will hit Europe - specifically the UK.

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Do you really see this trend as a step forward? Everyone just a clone of their neighbour? Jeans + top = boring, surely? Goes along the supposed stereotype Japanese thinking?
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Thinness as they do it looks to me to be downright unhealthy.
I'm 186 cm and now 80 kilo's, a nice healthy weight, If I go down to 70 + kilo, that's more than enough. I'm not fat anywhere. 57 kilo's for long men is way too light.

Everybody should look after their body.

Peter v
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
Aloofguru

Post by Aloofguru »

merlin wrote:Do you really see this trend as a step forward? Everyone just a clone of their neighbour? Jeans + top = boring, surely? Goes along the supposed stereotype Japanese thinking?
the term "unsexy Miniskirt" has a open inturptation. I am wondering if they are refering to it as mens wear. Did anyone else pick up on that?