REAL MEN

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

REAL MEN

Post by Since1982 »

I've been watching the telecast of the 2007 World Series Of Poker on ESPN. One of the major financial supporters of this program is Miller Beer Co. Their "Real Men" commercials sometimes make me somewhat afraid of being considered a "Real Man". Here are some examples:

Be polite and a huge can of beer drops on your head.
Be caring for your significant other and a huge can of beer drops on your head.
Be afraid to put yourself in deadly danger and a huge can of beer drops on your head.
Be clumsy and here come the head can!!
etc etc etc etc etc...

I wonder where Miller gets the idea that it's OK to run ads that say, If you charge more than we (Miller) approve of in your store for your goods, we will just come in your store and remove all the beer we sold you without even a refund.
This is from a Miller (all sub brands) Beer commercial.

The messages commercial TV is putting out to the world is actually, "you pay, we transmit" no matter how asinine or unAmerican the ad.

I suppose a man in a skirt would probably get a BEER TRUCK dropped on his head. :x

Go Figger!
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
BrotherTailor

Post by BrotherTailor »

I suppose a man in a skirt would probably get a BEER TRUCK dropped on his head.
-------------------------------------------------------

:D :D That made me think of that scene in the film Mrs. Doubtfire (the one where Robin Williams dresses up like a woman to work as a governess/housekeeper for his estranged wife) and Mrs. Doubtfire is relating the circumstances of her "husband's" death:

exwife- so your husband dead now?
Mrs. D- yes, it was the drink that got him in the end.
exwife- Oh, I'm so sorry. Was it a slow death?
Mrs. D- No. He was crossing the street and got run over by a Guinness truck.
:roll:

I haven't seen the movie in years so that was a very loose paraphrase of what I recall...
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Re: REAL MEN

Post by Sasquatch »

Since1982 wrote:I've been watching the telecast of the 2007 World Series Of Poker on ESPN.
I must be getting really old. I remember when a World Series used to mean athletics!

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia