Gender, Honesty, MIS and me.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
BrotherTailor

Post by BrotherTailor »

I'm just finding this story now....

I think the way you have struggled and finally found some self acceptance is wonderful.

On my old blog (no longer in existence) I posted a long essay on male gender and expression of our femininity from a theological perspective. I was prepared for an avalanche of hate mail and and criticism from the "black and white" crowd. Strangley I was surprised at the glowing comments from men and women agreeing with me, and thanking me for articulating this touchy issue. I guess I was pushing boundaries, but they were boundaries that needed pushing...
rudy

Post by rudy »

WOW!!!
When I was reading about TransAmerica The lady who did the artical interviewed a few trans women, and one of said that gender is like a river and your in the boat. Some maybe on one side than the other.

I also read about a young lady who was born male, and wanted to be female. According to her mother she would wear fem jeans and tops and had a fem hairstyle, and basically lived fem. It made her happy and made her feel fem enough, that she didn't want SRS.

I would say, just keep doing whats make you happy inside. Just remember your not the only one. Thanks for sharing you story.
BBB

Post by BBB »

Good on you Steve

It is good that you are happy and accepted being you.
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sasquatch »

Steve, no two people on Earth walk exactly the same path, but most everyone on this site, I sense, is walking a similar path through the same forest. Thanks for sharing yours.
Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Once again a big thank you for all the messages of support, including the more recent ones. It is comforting to know that many of you seem to understand my experiences and even have similar experiences, in part, of your own.

The last couple of months or so have seen a significant change in the whole tone and attitude of the Cafe. I don't mean that it has changed direction; becoming, as many of you might fear, another 'tranny board'. No - I don't mean that at all. What I think I perceive is a trend by a good few members to increased honesty and opening up of feelings. That has to be a good thing. In another Cafe thread elsewhere, someone commented to the effect that the Cafe is more than just a message board, it has become a real on-line community of friends.

We are united (as friends are) by the shared common ground of skirts and kilts, but also have been drawn closer together by the honesty that I've already mentioned. I have actually met a very few of you in person, but for the majority of members here, that will be an unlikely event owing to the large geographical distances separating us. But I count you as my friends nevertheless and I am glad to get to know you even just a little.

My thanks once again and Big Hugs to all....
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Hallo Steve, What can I say whe others have already said it all.

We are all on the same river of life, and we all have our own litle boat. As said before, some float left, some right, but as it goes on the water, nobody follows the same path, and there are people all over the river, from one bank to the other.

If anything, your story, as many others bearing similarities shows that although we strive to present a male skirt wearing appearance to the general public there is no such defined thing. The only real defined thing is that we are physically men, and wear skirts. Each individual shall go in his own way on the river which we all are following, headed all the same way, down stream. to the ultimate goal of compleet recognition as individual men who are now breaking barriers, but who eventually want to be able to be themselves and show that in the clothes they wear. That being hopefully soon just as normal and accepted as the other things we now find normal and accept.

Even the most manly skirt wearer must be able to find himself in that way of thinking, being an individual himself.

Man, when reading such storys, I come back down to earth, and feel more human again. No having to put up a show, being somebody your are not for the sake of others. Just talking from the heart, is something you only get from true friends. That is very valuable. And I treasure that. And am glad i'm here to read it.

I've said it before, skirt wearing is more than exchanging your pants for a skirt, it's having been released from the self made prison, a journey into freedom to be who you realy are. Never thought wearing a skirt would be so fulfilling.

Best regards.
Peter v
From Holland
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.