Searching for a name

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

iain wrote:I think we got away from the topic slightly! We should come up with a name, if we're so creative! How about, FAMIS -- Female Admirer of Men In Skirts

Cute!

Makes me think of being "famished", though...

Golly, that could go all kinds of kinky really, really fast... ;>
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

Argh! I'm not good enough at posting to compile a list of all the suggestions that have been made up till now. (I suppose I could get out a sheet of paper, but that sounds almost like WORK.)

I like a lot of the ideas I've heard batted around. I don't think we've quite hit the nail on the head though. Somehow I imagine that when we hear it we'll all know it. Something will just go "click" and we'll all get all tingly and we'll just know we've found it.

I think we're getting close, though!
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Searching for a name

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Emerald Witch wrote:But what are my chances of meeting one if they are all in the closet?
At least women have the advantage of seeing those few men who are already out there. Short of being already on the arm of a skirted man what clue does a man have when he is looking for an open minded partner? Not only is a name needed but a t-shirt declaring "Skirts aren't Just for Guys" or something like that. :)
"Skirt-Chasers" has been suggested, but I don't think it's appropriate because 1. men already use it, and 2. it makes us sound like lesbians.
The guys here recently pointed out another flaw in the name, if my Quiet Man removed his skirt and tossed it one way while he took off in the other direction I'm not going to follow the skirt. :wink: A good name would reflect that women want the man who chooses to wear the skirts. A skirt alone is not what I am attracted to. FAMIS and FAMOUS are good because they make that distinction.

Quiet Mouse
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

Skirt Chaser wrote:At least women have the advantage of seeing those few men who are already out there. Short of being already on the arm of a skirted man what clue does a man have when he is looking for an open minded partner? Not only is a name needed but a t-shirt declaring "Skirts aren't Just for Guys" or something like that. :)

A good name would reflect that women want the man who chooses to wear the skirts. A skirt alone is not what I am attracted to. FAMIS and FAMOUS are good because they make that distinction.

Quiet Mouse
Good distinction! It IS the manliness of the men that I am attracted to. Somehow having the guts to wear a skirt in public tells me that this is a man with serious cojones! That kind of courage really attracts me.

(Um... didn't your t-shirt mean to say skirts aren't just for girls? Mebbe I'm wrong...)

And you do bring up another point. The few skirted men I have seen around my area have ALWAYS been on the arm of a lovely lady. I've never seen them wandering alone, or I would have introduced myself. (Why are all the good ones always taken?)
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

trainman wrote:Off the top of my head, it sounds like a Tranny Chaser...
I never got around to asking... What the heck does "tranny chaser" mean?
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Post by WSmac »

Emerald Witch wrote:
trainman wrote:Off the top of my head, it sounds like a Tranny Chaser...
I never got around to asking... What the heck does "tranny chaser" mean?
Well, from what I've read (never having had the experience... thank goodness!), these are men who find transgendered 'males' attractive purely for the sexual thrill... whatever that may be for that individual.
Take a look at Craig's list sometime in the personal section.
There is a place for MwT (I think that's how it's written). I can only assume this spells out to... Men who want Trans_____ .

If I get the time later, I'll go back and make a list of the names for you girls.
WSmac
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

Bob wrote:WSmac... thank you for being so open with us. I think that you are sharing things that are more common on this board than many of us would like to admit.

My hope is that SkirtCafe will provide an alternative to both the in-the-closet transvestite community, as well as the full-hormones-SRS transgender community. Both become almost obsessed with "passing" at times, which drains a lot of energy from the more important issues of identity. Some members of SkirtCafe have felt very put off in these communities when they were derided for questioning the Gospel of Passing.

SkirtCafe is not for everyone, but then again, nothing is.
Bob, you are so gosh-darned cool.

You write such lovely, thoughtful, (and LONG) posts... I always feel inspired, and want to reply in kind... but never seem to find the time to do them justice. I wish I could be as eloquent as you.
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Emerald Witch wrote:(Um... didn't your t-shirt mean to say skirts aren't just for girls? Mebbe I'm wrong...)

And you do bring up another point. The few skirted men I have seen around my area have ALWAYS been on the arm of a lovely lady. I've never seen them wandering alone, or I would have introduced myself. (Why are all the good ones always taken?)
The shirt could go either way, I like to think if the shirt says 'guys' the emphasis is on the fact that men do wear skirts. If it made some onlooker stop and think about it that's a good thing too.

You're ahead of me, I've yet to see a skirted man out and about other than kilt wearers. Some of the gentlemen here are seen in the world skirted and alone so it can happen but their numbers are so few and so spread about the globe. Maybe you need to keep an eye peeled at an Eddie Izzard show. I looked him up to learn about his act and saw a reporter mentioned only 25% of the men in the crowd at a recent show wore jeans. Unfortunately the reporter didn't continue to describe what the rest were in. :wink:

Take note guys- Miss Witch mentioned skirted guys get the pretty girls! :)

Quiet Mouse
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

Skirt Chaser wrote: Maybe you need to keep an eye peeled at an Eddie Izzard show. I looked him up to learn about his act and saw a reporter mentioned only 25% of the men in the crowd at a recent show wore jeans. Unfortunately the reporter didn't continue to describe what the rest were in. :wink:

Take note guys- Miss Witch mentioned skirted guys get the pretty girls! :)
Well, I'm a pretty girl, and I'll be at the show this Saturday in Seattle ALL BY MYSELF, so I'll let you know what I see there and how it turns out, eh? <wink, wink>

Actually I'm meeting a fellow Eddie fan that I've talked to online, but if any handsome and sweet gentlemen happened to be available for flirting, I'm sure she wouldn't mind. She's married.

Ah, wish me luck! I'm so nervous and excited!!!
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

Emerald Witch wrote:I like a lot of the ideas I've heard batted around. I don't think we've quite hit the nail on the head though. Somehow I imagine that when we hear it we'll all know it. Something will just go "click" and we'll all get all tingly and we'll just know we've found it.
Well... when we DO hit the nail on the head --- I'll make a new forum specially for Miss Witch and all her beautiful friends she's promised to bring over here. :oops:
Emerald Witch
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Emerald Witch »

WSmac wrote:If I get the time later, I'll go back and make a list of the names for you girls.
Thank you, my dear. I have made a list, and it looks something like this:

Transfans (I still like that one)
Skirt Chasers
Skirtaholics
Skirt Maniacs
Skirt Groupies
Skirt Girls
Skirt Beasties
Skirt Disciples
Skirt Acolytes
Skirt Girls
Skirt Babes
Menskirt Lovers
Skirtman Lovers
Kilt Lovers
Homo Skirtus Adorus (I always love Latin!)
Barelegged Man Chaser (so, I have bare legs?)
FAMIS - Fan of Men In Skirts
FAMOUS - (sorry don't recall, but it was cute)
LOMIS - Lover of Men in Skirts (just made that one up)

I had a friend that said my quest will be forever fruitless, because there are some terms that just don't translate. Like the fact that there is no male equivilant for the word "slut". (Pardon the usage of a bad word, but it makes a point.) Maybe she's right. I just hate to think so.

The problem with most of these monikers is that they can be misread. I don't really love skirts, I love MEN! And I find it attractive when they have the courage to wear skirts, or makeup in public. Maybe another woman wouldn't be attracted to the makeup, and would only be attracted to, say, a man in a kilt. Maybe there needs to be two words in that case. Goodness knows you fellas spend enough time battling over your layers of distinction.

Me, I just love men. I love their bravery and their strength. I love the idea of being protected by a good man, loved by him, being able to trust him and give him all my love in return. I've been disappointed in love more than once in my life, yet I haven't given up the belief that good men do exist in the world and that someday I will still meet, fall in love with, and marry someone fabulous. I believe the disappointments and difficulties I've been through have made me a much stronger and more discerning person, and that makes me better able to appreciate a truly worthy man when we do meet.

Good grief. How did this turn into a personals ad about me?

Oh, well. I guess it relates because I'm trying to get across the qualities I'm trying to capture in the word. Maybe it's too tall an order. I just don't want the word to sound like we're making fun of someone. I want it to imply respect.

Bleah, I'm starting to make myself sick with too much talking now!

Honestly folks, I'm one click away from deleting this whole post... but I guess I'll hit submit instead of delete, because I guess there's something here that was worth saying and I don't have time to re-compose the whole thing into anything better. Hope someone can sift through and make sense of it all! <wry grin>
Skirt Chaser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Skirt Chaser »

Bob wrote:Well... when we DO hit the nail on the head --- I'll make a new forum specially for Miss Witch and all her beautiful friends she's promised to bring over here. :oops:
A sub-forum geared to the supporters would be handy. Would save me from trying to flag down Emerald in all the titles I want her input on. :lol: Might also help pull in more women to the site since they wouldn't have to ask if they are welcome to post here.

I know I'd also be happy to offer an objective and sympathetic ear to anybody working through the information that their man wants to wear skirts, it is not just men that need support sometimes. This reminds me that it isn't just women who love men in skirts so a term that applies to anyone with a skirted partner would be good. Also we need a name that doesn't sound like a singing group. :oops:

Quiet Mouse
SkirtDude

Post by SkirtDude »

deleted
Last edited by SkirtDude on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Post by WSmac »

SkirtDude wrote:I know you are probably looking for something more concise but how about:

women who love men in skirts :wink:
W W O L O M I S ?

or maybe W O L M I S ? Women Love Men In Skirts

S K M A L ? Skirted Male Lover

W A M I S? Women who Adore Men In Skirts

eta: most of these are just fun names. hopefully a more serious name can come out of all this brainstorming! :D
WSmac
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Abbreviations

Post by Since1982 »

OR....WWLSOAAAA... I'll explain this next time I post to anyone that didn't figure it out. Mental exercises here. 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/