window tint (not spam)

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
mk3

window tint (not spam)

Post by mk3 »

I recently went in my car in the mid afternoon and I have my windows tinted to the legal 35% which is ok. but I still find it too hot as the temperature when I roll my windows up rises 10deg. every 5min. until it feels like an oven. I was pulled over already in another city for having tint on the front windows (legal where I am). So now I'm getting annoyed because it's very uncomfortable to sit in my car and watch it transform into an oven. I want 20% on all the windows and starting to not care if I get pulled over and am told to have it removed because it's not legal...

Do you people think I should say the hell with it and be comfortable, or do the 'legal' thing and keep it the way it is??
CharlesG

Post by CharlesG »

I'm sorry Mark III, but the other guy needs to know whether you can see him. With really dark windows the other guy can't be sure you see him and that's an accident waiting to happen. Just my opinion.
Regards,
Charlie
Skirts, A NEW freedom for men to pursue.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Mk3, I reckon you'll find it cheaper in the long run to fit air con (or change your car for one that has AC). The hassle and expense of being stopped and fined for an illegal vehicle with the threat of it being off the road while "defects" are rectified is simply too great.

And as has already been mentioned, it is kind of useful to be able to see out of the car... have you ever driven an unlit highway at night with really dark windows? Not something I'd recommend.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
trainman
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia, Land Down Under!

Post by trainman »

I guess it'd also help to know where you are top know the legality.

I know where I am I can go for a 25% UV cut on the front windows, and there is no limit on rear windows (last wagon had a 65% UV cut on the back, and no tint on the front). But visibility is a major issue with the front windows, hence why most places would have a limit on the tint.

Also, try leaving the window down about 1-2mm, that way the convection currents will cook the hot air out of the car, and leave slightly cooler air in the vehicle. Oh, and yeah when it gets hot, use the AC. Sometimes there is simply no substitute (I have gotten away without it on 40C days, but it certainly ain't fun).
Trainman is...

...Geek in Goth clothing!