New Articles On ENCAOUA.NET

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

New Articles On ENCAOUA.NET

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

Just thought I'd let people know I've published more Men's Fashion Freedom related articles on ENCAOUA.NET

http://www.encaoua.net/fashion_articles_index.htm
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

Well, I've read them. All in favour of making Ziggy chief moderator on the site, say "Aye" !!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
isobar

Post by isobar »

[ C R I N G E ]
Dom
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

iain wrote:Well, I've read them. All in favour of making Ziggy chief moderator on the site, say "Aye" !!
You know they say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

Hey at least I'm writing about it, you know doing something to promote MFF

What are you doing?
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

Ziggy, you can't entitle a serious article "F*** the tranny (whatever)" and then have a link on your website to a TV prostitute named Katie Kinks, who apparently is Manchester's PVC clad c*m-sl*t b**ch. It makes no sense to me. I don't want to ever be tied into a promotion associated with prostitution, I don't care what you say! It makes me want to discard the movement altogether, completely remove myself from it. And I won't be the only one! If that was your aim, great job!

The spelling and grammar haven't even been checked, and you tie it all in to other contentious topics like Nudism, Marijuana, Anti-Bullsh** rock and roll, etc, besides the Prostitution advertisements and so on. It is so far to the left it's a wonder it doesn't fall off the edge of the planet. Who do you think, on reading this, is going to feel they are taking in some serious and heartfelt advice, and not being shouted at by someone from the underground? Ok, you're promoting MFF but in such a way that nobody is going to take you seriously. Is that the aim?

If it was seriously your aim to further a fashion movement, it would be done in isolation from assorted speeches about political power, walking around naked, smoking cannabis, promoting prostitution and the rest. You can't expect people to ever take a topic seriously if you try and push everything else down their throats at the same time.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I stopped at the contents page, just looked at the style and couldn't be bothered wasting bandwidth by looking further. Not my cup of stuff at all.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
crfriend
Master Barista

My eyes!

Post by crfriend »

iain wrote:Ziggy, you can't entitle a serious article "F*** the tranny (whatever)" and then have a link on your website to a TV prostitute[. ...] The spelling and grammar haven't even been checked, and you tie it all in to other contentious topics like Nudism, Marijuana, Anti-Bullsh** rock and roll, etc, besides the Prostitution advertisements and so on.
I've got to agree with Iain on this one, Ziggy. I read the four essays and found myself put off by all of them. Now I understand that not everybody's an English major (I'm not), but please take my word for it that grammar and presentation is very important when writing -- especially if the aim is to convert folks to your way of thinking. I'm also no prude, and have been known to use "strong language" from time to time, but it doesn't have much of a place in a piece that you want to be pursuasive; it puts people off.

If the overall intent of the essays was to put people off the notion of "fashion freedom" for men then the placement and presentation was perfect. The context that the four essays are presented in is, to most people, very "fringe", some folks may even find it offensive or a little bit scary. The page also doesn't render terribly well on some browsers (I'm using Konqueror at the moment) lending it a hard-to-read almost "in your face" look which is also off-putting to many -- certainly not a presentation, context, or level of literacy that I find even remotely compelling. Find somebody to proofread for you -- preferably somebody that has writing experience -- you'll learn loads from that.
ziggy_encaoua wrote:Hey at least I'm writing about it, you know doing something to promote MFF

What are you doing?
Well, for one, as a believer that actions speak more strongly than words, I actually wear skirts out in public! I wear them whilst running errands, I wear them when actually dealing with members of the public at the small computer museum I devote time (and money and energy) to, I wear them when I go out to eat with my wife -- I just go about my life that way. It relieves me of any perceived need to resort to ranting about it. And, finally, trust me -- I have never been accused of being a transvestite.

You don't win hearts and minds with whips and chains; you win them with gentle persuasion, guidance, and understanding.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

iain wrote:Ziggy, you can't entitle a serious article "F*** the tranny (whatever)" and then have a link on your website to a TV prostitute named Katie Kinks, who apparently is Manchester's PVC clad c*m-sl*t b**ch. It makes no sense to me. I don't want to ever be tied into a promotion associated with prostitution, I don't care what you say! It makes me want to discard the movement altogether, completely remove myself from it. And I won't be the only one! If that was your aim, great job!
Don't be such a prude
iain wrote: If it was seriously your aim to further a fashion movement, it would be done in isolation from assorted speeches about political power, walking around naked, smoking cannabis, promoting prostitution and the rest. You can't expect people to ever take a topic seriously if you try and push everything else down their throats at the same time.
The site isn't just about MFF its about l--b-e-r-t-a-r-i-a-n-i-s-m,

no serious political party or movement is ever going to campaign on one issue because life isn't so one f**King dimensional

You what Iain instead of constantly pissing on everything I do why don't you shut up bitching & go start the revolt yourself because hey it seems you're a ******* expert & know far more then me or anybody else about what needs to be done.

Oh no you'd not want to stick your head above water would you because your a whinging coward
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

Mmnn, it strikes me the only person round here who doesn't demonstrate 'libertarianism' (whatever that may be construed as), is err, Ziggy. Are you (Ziggy, are you listening?) seriously trying to suggest that any political party would take on board the broad church of ideas you advocate? I'm not going to declare whether I agree, or disagree, with any of the points you feel so strongly about - they are your views. But the aggression? And this towards folk who freely offer you unbiased, but meaningful, advice? You're not hearing what you'd like to hear? Then (and I mean this sincerely) it might be an idea to to make an appointment with your doc & say, "Excuse me, I think I may have Aspergers Syndrome. Can you help me? Please?"
knickerless
Member Extraordinaire

Encaoua.net

Post by knickerless »

I was not impressed by you choice of langauge on the site. If you want people to read it - you have to be less offensive. I for one would not look beyond the contents page.

I have added you to my blocked list - in fact the only one on it.

Nick
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

knickerless wrote: I have added you to my blocked list - in fact the only one on it.
Your choice but I was wondering what list I don't see an ignore button?
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

merlin wrote:Are you (Ziggy, are you listening?) seriously trying to suggest that any political party would take on board the broad church of ideas you advocate?
Yes http://www.libertarian.co.uk/ (read the articles on the publication list)
merlin wrote:Are you (Ziggy, are you listening?)
it might be an idea to to make an appointment with your doc & say, "Excuse me, I think I may have Aspergers Syndrome. Can you help me? Please?"
I'm not willing discuss these kind of things publicily but I'll say this I don't have Aspergers
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

This thread is almost as interesting as the SUV one a while back! The first thing about changing people's opinions is having some credibility.

Fashion is not more important than one's standing in society, one's credibility and one's conscience. I have kids, and I made a rule that I wouldn't associate with anything I'd be ashamed for them to see. Your site is about as bad as I've ever seen!

The world is in a mess and doesn't need more frivolous rubbish, it needs people with some sense of of balance. That's much more important than any one cause. If some drunken bum came up to you in the street, stinking of alcohol and pot, with his trousers around his ankles, tin of foster's in one hand, with a yapping flea-ridden dog on a piece of string peeing on a lamppost, and this guy's screeching about charitable causes, do you think anyone would stand talking to him, listening intently, about serious issues? They'd run a mile. Not because of the validity of his issues but because of the validity of HIM.

The rottenist thing about a knave is always his religion.

Oh no you'd not want to stick your head above water would you because your a whinging coward

What makes you so aggressive? Did you ever channel all this hatred into practical action? Do you continually log calls with the White House, or Downing Street complaining about their foreign policy? I will bet you never got a young guy out of a Burmese jail by threatening commercial action against the Burmese junta's "holiday industry". Ever offer to negotiate with an Iranian hostage-taking group? Or log complaints with drug companies abusing orphans in New York, or ring up the directors of Nestle's organised genocide against newborns in the third world?

The world is a big place and fashion is not the most important of people's worries. I don't think ranting on a website is any mark of courage. Any fool can build a website, as you and your orange haired loopy friends have already proved.
ziggy_encaoua
Member Extraordinaire

Post by ziggy_encaoua »

iain wrote: What makes you so aggressive? .
[/quote]

Brain damage

iain wrote: Did you ever channel all this hatred into practical action? Do you continually log calls with the White House, or Downing Street complaining about their foreign policy? I will bet you never got a young guy out of a Burmese jail by threatening commercial action against the Burmese junta's "holiday industry". Ever offer to negotiate with an Iranian hostage-taking group? Or log complaints with drug companies abusing orphans in New York, or ring up the directors of Nestle's organised genocide against newborns in the third world?
I've done my bit but now my health is failing I've got to do things from a home PC
iain wrote: The world is a big place and fashion is not the most important of people's worries.
MFF is an issue of freedom of expression & free expression is kind of an important issue etc
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

Has Tim at the Libertarian group ever heard of you, and does he support your website?