Hamish?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Ingemar

Hamish?

Post by Ingemar »

Hi Friends!

Anyone who knows where Hamish is nowadays? He isn´t here and I looked into xmarks and it was long since he was there too.

Greetings

Ingemar
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Hamish still posts on xmarksthescot regularly. He posted a new photo thread there earlier this week about his meeting with Howie of 21st century kilts last Saturday.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

I'm quite sad that Hamish no longer posts here. I know he felt that the folk from the 'old days' were 'disappearing', and that the forum was veering away from "Skirts (Kilts) for Men" towards "Men in Skirts", but I cannot say I felt the same. At the very least, he has been a major influence in 'calming' the 'Anti-English' hysteria towards which "X Marks" was heading. I have the utmost respect for the gentleman, unlike some of the more recent (self publicised) 'voluntary absentees'.
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

I also miss Hamish's presence here. I have met him on a couple of occasions and he is, as you say, Merlin, a gentleman in every way.

If you're reading this, Hamish, do drop us a line or two here, please....
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

That's for sure! I met Hamish at a kilt meet up north. He very tactfully advised that I'd left the holding threads in on the pleats of my new kilt!

I mean, I had no idea, and assumed you took the kilt out of the package and wore it. Hacking away at all the threads with a knife would never have occurred to me.

I found him to be a very amiable and charming character; I hope, wherever he is, that he is enlightening all and sundry with his wry wit and charm. Cheers, Hamish!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
crfriend
Master Barista

"Our Ham"

Post by crfriend »

merlin wrote:I'm quite sad that Hamish no longer posts here.
I'll second that, albeit somewhat unhappily; I miss his insight into the way things work, and I miss his decency about matters.

So, kind sir, if you're still lurking by that potted palm, please speak up.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

I met Hamish at a Burns Supper last night and I told him about this thread and about the new Kiltorama, and he sends his regards.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/