What I like about..

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.

What I like about..

Postby PatJ » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:56 pm

What I like about this forum, is the lack of hostility toward those who post.

I have left a couple of forums (in the links section) because there are people who think they have the obligation to challenge and dispute just about anything one may want to post. That in itself would be OK, but they berate individuals who don't subscribe to their point of view.

Interesting thing is that they tend to bad mouth (post) about this forum, and yet I have not seen people here bad mouth about their forum. Not only that, I have observed that the number of posting on the other forums has dropped dramatically and stayed low where as the postings here remain somewhat constant.

Anyway, for what it is worth, I learn a lot more here than in the other forums I used to read and post on.

PatJ
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:34 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby Departed Member » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:16 pm

PatJ wrote:What I like about this forum, is the lack of hostility toward those who post.


........which is interesting because there are probably more folk here with strong and diverse views than some of those other forums! :ninjajig: Thanks to Bob's immaculate style of moderation, it tends to be pretty much 'self-regulating'. There have certainly been those who have come and gone (of their own volition), who were 'not in the right place' - for them.

PatJ wrote:Interesting thing is that they tend to bad mouth (post) about this forum, and yet I have not seen people here bad mouth about their forum. Not only that, I have observed that the number of posting on the other forums has dropped dramatically and stayed low where as the postings here remain somewhat constant.


Yes, I've observed that! :confused: I assume from their posts that they don't actually read any of the posts here! :think:

PatJ wrote:Anyway, for what it is worth, I learn a lot more here than in the other forums I used to read and post on. PatJ


Hear, hear! :clap:
Departed Member
 

Postby Sasquatch » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:50 pm

Merlin,
I solidly agree that Bob does fine work as server boss. Disagreements, even among friends are inevitable. And, basically, any site would be a bore if everyone held identical beliefs.

One thing I've observed that sets this site apart from others is that the majority of correspondents write with at least the intention of using good grammar. Most punctuate, capitalize, and take pains to communicate succinctly in a way that is missing from many social sites.

I hope and think this is a reflection of the character of the greater skirted-male demographic:thumbsup: .

Sasq
Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!

Hunter/Garcia
Sasquatch
Member Extraordinaire
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:18 am
Location: North Carolina coast


Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests