Apology to the offended...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
The Satirist

Apology to the offended...

Post by The Satirist »

Mainly to Bob, but also to any members offended by my censorship argument.

Bob, I only referenced Hitler/Stalin to shock a point. I did not wish to infer that I place you in the same category as mass murderers and war criminals. Some people , at least the two that PM'd me seem to have that idea so I'm sure others do as well.

I did not wish to infer that, and I wish to offer here, not an excuse or explanation for it, but merely a public letter of apology.

I apologize for insinuating that you, (Bob) had characteristics of two heinous people. You did not PM me a warning, nor did you ban me. (I expected at least one.) You have certainly shown yourself to be the better man by not replying directly to me in those ways, and you do have my respect, regardless of what I may have written.

To the rest of the members, I'm sorry you had to put up with my tirade.

Sincerely.
Freedom since July 3, 2004.

Genius can be recreated - Stupidity is irreplaceable. -The Satirist 2004-
Bravehearts.us
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bravehearts.us »

The Satirist wrote:Mainly to Bob, but also to any members offended by my censorship argument.

Bob, I only referenced Hitler/Stalin to shock a point. I did not wish to infer that I place you in the same category as mass murderers and war criminals. Some people , at least the two that PM'd me seem to have that idea so I'm sure others do as well.

I did not wish to infer that, and I wish to offer here, not an excuse or explanation for it, but merely a public letter of apology.

I apologize for insinuating that you, (Bob) had characteristics of two heinous people. You did not PM me a warning, nor did you ban me. (I expected at least one.) You have certainly shown yourself to be the better man by not replying directly to me in those ways, and you do have my respect, regardless of what I may have written.

To the rest of the members, I'm sorry you had to put up with my tirade.

Sincerely.
Excellent! Great move. We all get hot and say things out of the heat of the moment. Personally, I think much, much higher of you because of this heart felt post. To me, now, it’s forgotten...If that means anything to you.:)
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

a soft answer turneth away wrath, but anger ceases not with anger.

sorry if it happened to come out of a very old book but it seemed within the spirit of this thread!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

6 threads killed by the mere fact that I wrote something. anyone who can beat this score must speak now!
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.