Any Pilots Here?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

heh

Post by Since1982 »

Somewhat unavailable? Yeah, my dad and mom are somewhat unavailable too. Except in my dreams and pictures on the wall. By the way, I can see the family resemblance in both pictures very clearly. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
G.Shaw

Small outfits

Post by G.Shaw »

talon2mech wrote:Seems criminal huh..I hate that 20 hour crap. In fact I would talk to the chief instuctor.
Yes it does. Problem is it's so small the only full time instructor is the chief instructor. So I guess quality or lack thereof is an issue here. He only had 420 hours of flying time himself. Very little experience if you ask me.

Greg
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Any Pilots Here?

Post by Gregg1100 »

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi John,
What a great picture of that plane in flight.
My parents are out of reach too, except for in my head and heart. No offence intended.
Greg
[/FONT]
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Yep, the North American AT-6, better known as the Texan but also known as the Harvard by the Brits - that's one of the types my father serviced during World War 2. My parents are also sadly now out of reach - we ourselves on this forum seem to be mostly getting up in years - but I have a small display of my late father's World War 2 artefacts displayed in a cabinet at Solway Aviation Museum and one of his photo albums has been left open to display a page of the aircraft he worked on including two illustrations of AT-6's. From my father's generation he has a younger cousin Eric still living who soloed on Harvards as part of his pilot training, but he couldn't pass the instrument exams so ended up as a flight engineer on Lincoln bombers. I'm planning to take Eric flying in a Tomahawk next month.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Dasani

Post by Dasani »

Commercial Helicopter pilots license here. Only 160 flight hours so far in Schweizer 300's. What a situation, to be in it over $50,000, and have just enough flight hours to get your license, but not enough flight hours to get a job. Can't get the job without the flight hours, but can't get the flight hours without the job! Incapable of being a flight instructor just yet to build my flight hours that way, so my current plan is to buy my own damn helicopter and build flight hours flying it. Ha ha. That's how I got started driving truck. No one would hire me because I was only 18 and had no experience, so I bought my own. Fairly succesful in the trucking world now. Same principal in buying a helicopter, just a lot higher initial cost, and much more regulated as far as the maintenance and things go.

Only problem with flying a helicopter, is skirts might kind of get in the way of the cyclic that goes between your legs:think:
ChrisM
Member Extraordinaire

My Mom flew AT-6s

Post by ChrisM »

She was a mechanics' test pilot in WWII, flew AT-6s and UC-78s on check-out flights. You know, make sure the guys had put the engine in rightside up and so forth.

It was a pretty unusual talent for a woman in 1944.

Chris
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

Comercial pilot, SEL, instrument rated 570hrs.
WSmac
Member Extraordinaire
Location: Northern California(North of the Bay Area, that is)

Post by WSmac »

Ha, I feel like such a flake here :wink:

I started working on my private up in Fairbanks, Alaska in '93 at the Eilson Air Force Aero Club.

Nothing like having the tower position you inbetween an F-16 and a C-130 taxiing for takeoff! :P

I finished my third flight, a night flight (hardly night in the summer up in Alaska though) sometime after midnight.

I drove the 30 minutes to home, eased myself down into bed beside my pregnant wife and promptly fell asleep for a few minutes until her water broke :shock:

Spent the next 36 hours wide awake delivering a beautiful baby girl.

OH, and the flying?

Never went back again. Someday though!
WSmac