The Unfortunate Necessary Visit

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

The Unfortunate Necessary Visit

Post by skirttron »

I don't know about the rest of you, but the thing I most hate when going out is having to visit the men's room. The technique I use is:

Preferred: Buy a coffee somewhere like Starbucks or Costa and use theirs: the clientele are generally intelligent enough not to comment.

Second choice: Use one in a upmarket department store.

Third choice: Use one in a supermarket - preferably not one of the really cheap ones.

Fourth choice: Use one in a shopping mall.

Nightmare scenario: Have to use a street/bus station public toilet

I always use a cubicle rather than a urinal and enter and exit quickly.

I don't know why I worry, because there's never been any problem, but there you go.

Is it the same for the rest of you?
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

My order of preference is similar. Last time I was in Edinburgh kilted, after paying my 20p at the turnstile for the gents in Edinburgh Waverley Station, I went in and found there was a queue for the cubicles. My anxiety during the wait was all in the mind though, as nobody gave me any queer looks or hassle.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I usually use the urinal, simply to demonstrate to others (as if it's any of their business) that I'm still a man with all the bits, even though I'm wearing a kilt (which they may see as a skirt).

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Keith Beddoe

Post by Keith Beddoe »

A funny thing happened last year when I went to the gents in Tintagel, Cornwall last year.
As I was coming out the door, a woman walked past me and went in. She made a rapid exit, the look on her face was priceless!

I have had occasions where people have walked in, made a rapid exit to check the sign on the door, and then come sheepishly back in.

In both cases I was wearing my black Amerikilt.

Keith
skirttron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirttron »

Hey Keith, that just shows how folks need to check their assumptions. I found it a bit strange, however, when I boarded a plane (bifurcated) a few weeks ago and the Flight Attendant said "Evening Madam". Well I suppose I WAS carrying a shoulder bag, but otherwise, I can't think why.
Ingemar

Evening Madam!

Post by Ingemar »

Hi Skirttron!

You see, trousers are for women, their bodies have two legs, skirts are for men we have three legs.

Greetings

Ingemar
DanR

Pay loos

Post by DanR »

For all our UK cousins, you reminded me what it was like here before my state (Washington) banned all pay toilets back in the 1970's.

I haven't seen one since our last trip to Italy. And I think there are still some states that haven't illegalized pay toilets here in the US. But that number is few.
Dan Richardson
The CitySkirt Company
deebee

Post by deebee »

I'm sorry to raise this, and maybe it's just me, but to my mind urinals prove that the world is not designed by men for men. Or that men are not as good at designing things as they think they are. Or that men who design urinals wear trousers. Or maybe women design urinals to get back at men.

Anyhow, no matter how carefully I pee, I reckon at least 60% of urinals generate an uncomfortable amount of sprayback. :sick: Which to my mind is any sprayback. The worst kind are the pressed steel sort, with angular corners. Most of this is observation over many years while wearing shorts and sandals, while thinking I was smart enough to avoid it.

I now avoid urinals and use toilets, even when wearing trousers.

Or maybe it's just me?
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

I'd go with the designers wearing trousers theory, on the principle that if they'd experienced the splashback, they'd alter the design.

Charlie
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Judy SPEAKS

Post by Since1982 »

My Significant Other Judy, after I read her all the replies said she had the absolutely perfect reason for it all. She said urinals were designed by women the way they are as payback for all the years of men using the toilets and leaving the seats up! :naughty: :sarcastic:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Since1982 wrote:My Significant Other Judy, after I read her all the replies said she had the absolutely perfect reason for it all. She said urinals were designed by women the way they are as payback for all the years of men using the toilets and leaving the seats up! :naughty: :sarcastic:
Hey, what about all the times the women use the toilet and leave the seat DOWN ???

Charlie
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Judy says

Post by Since1982 »

She says the seats are SUPPOSED to be down, like when you buy a new toilet at Sears. That way the lids can fit on them properly. Men leave the seats up because they are too lazy to close them. :rolleyes: :sarcastic: :shake:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Sounds like women can be just as lazy. I always close the seat and lid because it looks tidier and prevents accidents (we had a cat that fell in once. Ever seen a cat look embarrassed?). A side effect is that everyone has to make some effort to use the convenience :D

Charlie
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Charlie-
That's not fair! my cats love to watch the flush and like many cats I have seen like to drink from 'the magic pot'.
I haven't seen more than two with their heads down for a drink at once yet but I am sure it will happen one day.
Back to the subject, I haven't really had problems with splashback, careful use of vectored thrust can prevent unwanted spray. The last drip on the other hand, not too bad with a kilt but if it happens with jogging bottoms worn without underwear it is the most unpleasant thing I can think of. A sort of biological practical joke just to remind us of the downside to wrapping ourselves in cloth.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

This particular moggy thought the lid was down when he jumped up ...

He had a bedraggled back end and perhaps his expression was one of indignation rather than embarrasement.

Charlie