Fem shoes for men

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
binx
Member Extraordinaire

Which one?

Post by binx »

This one? Or that one?

binx
Mary Jane Boy

Post by Mary Jane Boy »

binx wrote:Tights would be too hot in this weather! Ok, I blew away that post with the hat. It goes better with my light denim Cityskirt Tenino anyway. Maybe I should get a pair of MJB's shoes to complete the collection....

binx
I still have lots of shoes for sale - check them out!

http://www.mary-janeshoes.com
Mary Jane Boy

http://www.mary-janeshoes.com

"Mary Jane's - not just for girls anymore!"
Aloofguru

Post by Aloofguru »

I have a pair simular to the first one I bought at target. they are the most comfortable pair I ever had .
The first time out wearing them under jean a Lady spotted them. said she used to have a pair like that and asked where I got. I was dumbfounded but managed to answer her :)
Aloofguru

Post by Aloofguru »

>>Sounds like a wonderful collection of boots and shoes that you have. I certainly look forward to seeing some photos of you wearing them. Theres not a darn thing wrong with a man wearing heels if he so desires. It would be nice if more men would get out in their heels. Judging from the forums and groups here on the web there are a lot of guys that would like to. Many do but most are afraid. Maybe soon more of them will get the courage to come on and "Just do it."

I regulary wear a pair of 2'' clogs when not at work. its like no one notices or cares. the wife doesnt complain about those either. the only coment I ever had was when wearing 4''
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Heels

Post by Since1982 »

There's an entire section of the United States where men wear "heels" all the time. Of course they don't think of them as "heels" they just think of the higher than normal heels as part of their cowboy boots. I think the reason that some people get all bent over "heels" on men is if they "look" like the same shoes that are popular for women. I think any argument about whether he should or shouldn't is just another case of uninformed people venting their frustrations of their own miniscule, unsatisfying lives. After all if the "norm" for men decrees dark, somber funeral parlor looking clothes, the people that have gotten "used" to wearing them will automatically be incensed at those people that have broken the mold and gone in a different direction. :cheer:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Sheldon

Post by Sheldon »

Hello, I hope that all the heel wearers haven't left. This thread was going good for a while. Let me see if I can get it going again. Here is a picture of some basic black pumps that I wore to dinner a few days back. The picture is a bit blurry as it was taken with a phone camera.
abburke

Heels

Post by abburke »

Nice shoes Sheldon! Did you get any looks? I have actually been looking for a pair of pointy toe pumps sort of like that but with more of a block heel, about 2" and an ankle strap. Normally when I wear heels I have on pants that are long enough to pretty much hide them. Does anyone show off their heels or maybe wear wedges and such with skirts or shorts? I am just curious. If you guys get a chance you might go to http://men.style.com and check out Jean Paul Gaultier's fall 2006 and spring 2007 collection. He has the guys in skirts, short shorts, wedge heeled open toes with anything from black knee highs to strips and eye make up. Some of the stuff is not fashionable to me but at least it is a step.

Aaron
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galatians 3:28 ~pray~
Sheldon

Post by Sheldon »

abburke wrote:Nice shoes Sheldon! Did you get any looks? I have actually been looking for a pair of pointy toe pumps sort of like that but with more of a block heel, about 2" and an ankle strap. Normally when I wear heels I have on pants that are long enough to pretty much hide them. Does anyone show off their heels or maybe wear wedges and such with skirts or shorts? I am just curious. If you guys get a chance you might go to http://men.style.com and check out Jean Paul Gaultier's fall 2006 and spring 2007 collection. He has the guys in skirts, short shorts, wedge heeled open toes with anything from black knee highs to strips and eye make up. Some of the stuff is not fashionable to me but at least it is a step.

Aaron
Hi Aaron,
I'm the same way as you when wearing heels. I have purchased pants that cover most of the heel. I was sitting down when the picture was taken. I went to dinner at a friend's house and this was the first time they had seen me wearing heels. They were aware that I wore heels and said it wasn't a problem.My friend's wife said that I looked very good in heels and saw no reason why a man couldn't wear heels if he so desired. Made me feel real good about the whole thing.
I have a pair of black leather sandals that I wear with shorts a lot. They have a 2 inch block heel and I wear them out everywhere. Never had a negative reaction to them. I'll try to get a photo of them and attach it here soon. Talk to you soon,
Sheldon
Ash

Post by Ash »

Hi all,
I've just taken delivery of a pair of 1.5 inch heel court shoes from Tall Girls UK. Although they say all their shoes are a standard 'C' fitting, usually a bit narrow for men, these are absolutely perfect! It's a pleasure to wear them. I love how they look with a skirt and how they make me feel. Honestly, when looks at the shoes offered for men to choose from and then what's offered for women it infuriates me! We like style and design too, not to mention a bit of heel!

Only problem is, and I'm hoping some of you can help me with this, I seem to have a problem with the heel not gripping properly and the shoe slipping off as I walk. Should these shoes fit really tightly so this does not happen?

Although I ordered the same size in these as I would take in men's shoes, obviously I won't be wearing socks with them, but even so they seem excessively long. Anyone else had this problem? Do I need to go for a smaller size in women's shoes to compensate.

Unfortunately as a means of alleviating this problem I used some self-adhesive heel-grips, which help but still haven't solved the problem. Added to which, the addition of the heel-grips means I can't return them for exchange. I am going to order another pair in a size smaller next month, along with a pair of ankle shoes in a similar style but with a heel strap.

I just don't feel confident enough in these shoes with this fitting problem to go out in them. Should they fit tightly to bare feet so there is no movement at all? Any information would be most welcome.

On a similar theme, do I need to think about how I walk in a heeled shoe, like a court shoe? shorter steps, stiffer leg, different balance, hip position and movement, etc., As a result of these questions I am watching women a lot to see how they walk in different kinds of heeled shoes. It's one way of getting an education!!!

It's unlikely I'll be going for shoes with a higher heel than 2 inches (I'm already 6'1"), and probably sticking with block heels or wedges rather than points. I have to say I love wearing them, I love how they feel, they ease my lower back discomfort beautifully too, I just need a little advice and a few suggestions from those of you with more experience.
Many thanks in advance,

All best wishes,
Ash
Daring to be different.
talon2mech

Walking

Post by talon2mech »

Walk around the house in 4" heels (try clogs) then 2" heels will feel natural when you are out and about.

Some shoes will not stay on, consider it a design flaw. I have found that any shoe without some type of toe grip (like flip flops) or a heel strap seem to move excessively at the heel. One thing that can help is taking shorter strides. We men have a habit of taking 6' (2 meter) strides. Try to walk deliberately, heel toe, at a slower pace.

Most sandal type shoes will move around a little while walking. It just takes some getting used to.
-Matt
Sheldon

Post by Sheldon »

Hi everyone,

Found something interesting on the web. It is the Target on-line website and has some high heels listed as menswear. Take a look.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/re ... B000FIC668
gshubert

men's or women's shoes?

Post by gshubert »

The title of the advert says Menswear Pumps, but a sub-item says "Men’s loafer-like design pairs great with business suits". Is this a man's shoe in a woman's style, or a woman's shoe influenced by a man's style?
--G. Shubert
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

gshubert wrote:The title of the advert says Menswear Pumps, but a sub-item says "Men’s loafer-like design pairs great with business suits". Is this a man's shoe in a woman's style, or a woman's shoe influenced by a man's style?
It's the latter. Whilst there's nothing obvious the entry, it is in the "womens'" section. *sigh*

Oh, well. Nice thought, though.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sheldon

Post by Sheldon »

You are right. But it was definately an eye-catcher for me. I have never observed heels being described this way in an advertisement. I think I am going to order a pair of them, anyway. Here is a photo of some that I wear regularly.
DrWu

Post by DrWu »

Unlike many of you on this thread, I don't like high heels at all. I don't even like the heel elevation that many "normal" shoes have. Even that puts strain on my Achilles tendons that gets quite uncomfortable.

I don't even know what kind of shoes I would really like. I don't really like the style of any men's shoes I've seen -- or any women's shoes, but then the latter are almost all high heels. Running shoes are comfortable enough, snow boots and sandals are each useful when it's cold or warm, but I don't know what kind of shoes would look good and feel comfortable, by my standards. Something lightweight, certainly. Possibly some sort of moccasins.
Are you crazy? Are you high? Or just an ordinary guy?