A Lap Full

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

A Lap Full

Post by Uncle Al »

My lap is nice and warm :D
Lap Cat V2 JPG 2022-12-27.jpg
She always does this when I need to get up and do something :|

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A Lap Full

Post by Freedomforall »

What a cute cat! How many do you have?
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Freedomforall wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:23 pmWhat a cute cat! How many do you have?
WAY TOO MANY :!:
(at last count, there are 15)

:hide:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Indeed they are like potato chips. You can't have just one!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Three, many photos of them on Facebook and videos on youtube, I don't think I could afford to feed more than that! My three are all the same family and get on with each other, often curling up together, grooming each other etc. Oh great!, Gangdalf has invaded my lap again, just as I need to get up and go shopping. Again! Photos here? too much faff.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Nice pic. B&B.

Living out in the country three miles from the nearest corner shop and with low-lifes cruising by every day we have our 'security staff' of five dogs, three of them big so in 22 years here we haven't had an unwanted visit.
This makes it more difficult for our remaining three cats, who are our 'vermin control', in that they are stationed outside where the poultry and donkey feed is stored, so we never see rats.

Two of these cats are sociable and come in for a cuddle at times. They are doted upon by our resident little ones, so we always have a house full. Our granddaughter and her daughter live in a studio cottage in the grounds and have recently replaced an old deceased tom. The new one is gradually allowing me approach her, but as she doesn't see me every day, that process is slower.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Kirbstone wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:57 am ... Our granddaughter and her daughter live in a studio cottage in the grounds and have recently replaced an old deceased tom.
That's an unusual family arrangement.  You would normally replace a deceased cat with another cat, not with your granddaughter and great granddaughter.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Kirbstone wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:57 am Nice pic. B&B.

Living out in the country three miles from the nearest corner shop and with low-lifes cruising by every day we have our 'security staff' of five dogs, three of them big so in 22 years here we haven't had an unwanted visit.
This makes it more difficult for our remaining three cats, who are our 'vermin control', in that they are stationed outside where the poultry and donkey feed is stored, so we never see rats.

Two of these cats are sociable and come in for a cuddle at times. They are doted upon by our resident little ones, so we always have a house full. Our granddaughter and her daughter live in a studio cottage in the grounds and have recently replaced an old deceased tom. The new one is gradually allowing me approach her, but as she doesn't see me every day, that process is slower.

Tom
Sounds like you have an amazing place! Maybe sometime next year I will try a visit to Ireland now I am finished with work. Skirted of course!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Pelmut,
Perhaps my syntax was misleading. At the 'cottage' we had a tenant who fed the resident tomcat down there until he left last year. The place stood empty for several months during which I went down daily and cuddled & fed the cat.
Just as our granddaughter was preparing to move in there with Gt granddaughter No 1 to our dismay and sorrow the old tomcat was found dead on the road outside. He was in his teens and had never to our knowledge wandered out before. Perhaps he was lonely.

Granddaughter isn't the most tidy of individuals and we advised her to acquire a cat to ward off rodents, which she got from a friend. This cat has just once so far allowed me to stroke her.

B&B, While I would welcome a visit of course, fact is that my skirting is private from family who live at home and a visit from yourself would have to be with appropriate fanfare and you'd best polish up your best Scottish lilt, then a kilted appearance would go down quite well.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Kirbstone wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:11 pm Hi Pelmut,
Perhaps my syntax was misleading. At the 'cottage' we had a tenant who fed the resident tomcat down there until he left last year. The place stood empty for several months during which I went down daily and cuddled & fed the cat.
Just as our granddaughter was preparing to move in there with Gt granddaughter No 1 to our dismay and sorrow the old tomcat was found dead on the road outside. He was in his teens and had never to our knowledge wandered out before. Perhaps he was lonely.

Granddaughter isn't the most tidy of individuals and we advised her to acquire a cat to ward off rodents, which she got from a friend. This cat has just once so far allowed me to stroke her.

B&B, While I would welcome a visit of course, fact is that my skirting is private from family who live at home and a visit from yourself would have to be with appropriate fanfare and you'd best polish up your best Scottish lilt, then a kilted appearance would go down quite well.

Tom
I would love to turn up in a kilt, unfortunately I have shrunk, a LOT! I just can no longer wear most of what I own, kilts included, apart from a black utility type kilt that was always too sight and now fits reasonably well. I have that one, a couple of Navy blue skater type skirts- my favourites but they have no pockets. and my favourite long khaki skirt, oh and a Incerunman dress thing. So my current options are limited and I am not buying more till my weight stabilises. The black kilt is probably the most appropriate.