It's all about "sex"

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It's all about "sex"

Post by Elisabetta »

oldsalt1 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:51 pm
moonshadow wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:28 pm I'll stop.

It's y'alls forum. But here's the deal, I'm not going to subject my eyes to a bunch of Trump worshipping and far right rhetoric and be obliged to hold my tongue. That's a double standard and is just flat out unfair.

Fred, AL, you all have posted your share of right wing politics on this site. Who's muzzeling who here? You wanna poke a hornets nest with a stick then don't fuss when you get stung. I'll even give oldsalt credit, he doesn't usually start the threads...

So that's it... I'll walk away from this thread, and leave discussion of current events alone. If this site turns into some right wing b.s. propaganda hole... then I'm gone.

So what's it gonna be?

Skirt cafe... I'll stick around

Trump-cafe... I'm done.
First off nobody told you to hold your tongue The muzzeling I was talking about was the media censoring Trunp

I am not trying to turn anything into a right wing ……….. with the exception of the recent comment by Knickson if anything this blog has been a left leaning anti Trump blog at probably about 6 to 1 ratio

And your complaining that it is becoming a right wing propaganda hole.
Dan but aren't you doing the same exact thing you're calling moon out on? You're complaining because it's not fully right wing and the left are sharing their views.This was my point when I said locking threads doesn't solve anything.Moon's point was that there's post that says no Politics and we don't start them sometimes Uncle Al will bring up something political regarding an issue he faced.When we comment on it he puts the Mod hat on and repremends us about bringing Politics to the cafe.Point is why's it right to do that but call anyone else out who does it? That's not being very fair.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

JennC03,

First of all, I posted an article which showed that Black people were not the
first people to suffer from persecution. I did not write the article but I was
criticized for the content. The article DID get the point across about what
people have done to other 'ethnic' groups. Have you ever seen an Irish person
go out and Burn, Loot and Murder anyone for what happened to their ancestors :?:

My Scottish ancestors were persecuted by the Brit's and were shipped off to Ireland.
Have you ever seen, or heard of, a person of Scottish decent doing evil things to others :?:

Then, I proceeded to to respond to the rhetoric being put forth, that it was endangering
the thread. My response was in the Moderator Form, not as an individual. A few other
members responded that the thread was going 'down hill', and needed to be shut down.

If people can PLEASE leave emotions out of the equation, maybe this thread can turn around.
I don't know if that will happen. I can only hope it does.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Uncle Al wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:50 am JennC03,

First of all, I posted an article which showed that Black people were not the
go out and Burn, Loot and Murder anyone for what happened to their ancestors :?:

My Scottish ancestors were persecuted by the Brit's and were shipped off to Ireland.
Have you ever seen, or heard of, a person of Scottish decent doing evil things to others :?:

Then, I proceeded to to respond to the rhetoric being put forth, that it was endangering
the thread. My response was in the Moderator Form, not as an individual. A few other
members responded that the thread was going 'down hill', and needed to be shut down.

If people can PLEASE leave emotions out of the equation, maybe this thread can turn around.
I don't know if that will happen. I can only hope it does.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

I'm not referring to this thread there was other threads you did this on. All am saying two wrongs don't make a right.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Al:
I posted an article which showed that Black people were not the
go out and Burn, Loot and Murder anyone for what happened to their ancestors

No one is in favor of burning, looting and rioting. No one.

There's a world of difference between persecution and slavery.

The protests and demonstrations aren't half so much about what was done in the past as they are about what still goes on. Every. Single. Day.

Few of us can tell, at this time, just by looking at a person if their heritage was English, German, Scotch, Irish, Polish or Italian*. But we sure can tell if they're Black. Which, by the way, is a pretty funny classification in these United States; almost all Blacks have a Caucasian progenitor somewhere in their family tree. For instance, Pres. Obama had a white mother and an African father. So it would have been as correct to say he was white as to say he was black. In fact, by the standards of the Old South, Barack Obama is white because one's race was inherited from the mother.

But somehow, that's not how the man is regarded ...

* My heritage includes all of those nationalities.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:06 am No one is in favor of burning, looting and rioting. No one.

There's a world of difference between persecution and slavery.

The protests and demonstrations aren't half so much about what was done in the past as they are about what still goes on. Every. Single. Day.
I think there is a small minority that wants the "burning, looting and rioting". Some are just angry, some are desperate, and some want a race war, either to bring on "The Revolution" or so they can discredit blacks and maybe oppress them more--and some of the latter are pretending to be the former. But just a small minority.

A good point about the demonstrations being about the current situation, even if I don't like the modern use of periods for emphasis rather than ending sentences.
Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:06 am In fact, by the standards of the Old South, Barack Obama is white because one's race was inherited from the mother.
What I've read differs. My understanding is that if one was 1/16 African, then one was classified as "Negro". Percentages differed from time to time and place to place. It's possible the definition you gave was used at times also.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Dan, you posted, "I want to thank Jenn and Sinned for proving my point.

Sinned condemned President Trump for taking a salary .

When I explained that he doesn't take his salary Jenn condemned him for not taking it."

If you'll go back and read what I posted I have not criticised or applauded for Trump ( not ) taking a salary. I was just asking a question for which I hoped I would get a straight answer. Contrary to what you have said above I don't know if he does or not. I don't particularly care as his salary isn't coming out of my pocket. So if this little example is evidence of misreading then nothing is. Get your facts right.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Your heritage involves whisky?

I think you meant Scottish ;-)
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Sinned wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:28 am Dan, you posted, "I want to thank Jenn and Sinned for proving my point.

"

If you'll go back and read what I posted I have not criticised or applauded for Trump ( not ) taking a salary. I was just asking a question for which I hoped I would get a straight answer. Contrary to what you have said above I don't know if he does or not. I don't particularly care as his salary isn't coming out of my pocket. So if this little example is evidence of misreading then nothing is. Get your facts right.
I just went back and reread your posts in the first you imply that we are going to be "STUCK" paying his salary for life

in the post before this one you state that he should be ashamed to take his salary for the poor job that he is doing

and in this post you state that you have not criticized him What facts am I not getting right