The Last Of The Hunters

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Last Of The Hunters

Post by weeladdie18 »

monday 0630 heard another Rat so rebaited old traps
and set another trap in a new run..
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Rats were active again after 4 days...Perhaps they are digging into a run along my boundary wall
The holes appear between my path and my fence..
This may require outside bait chewing stations or more concrete alongside my path'.....
The next moves are spring traps in the loft and in the potting shed.
Perhaps even a couple of cats in cat boxes.One on the wall and the other in the potting shed .

The neighbours cats are always in my garden so they might as well make themselves usefull.
The cats are always out at night sitting under the cars.

One of my neighbours walks her dog....the family cat follows the dog round the block.
You are probably all laughing at me as this is a pest I do not need in my home
Perhaps a set of Dick Wittington Pipes or a man in a pair of theatrical tights might do the trick
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

To clarify an an important which was made by a contributer to this thread...
Under the regs , we use poison grain Bait in traps in buidings.

Out of doors we are permitted to use specification Bait Stations which hold a bait which
the prey can chew but cannot move the bait to another location where it may be
eaten by other Creatures or Birds

I trust the mods will now lock this thread..........Roderick
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

weeladdie18 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:57 amOut of doors we are permitted to use specification Bait Stations which hold a bait which the prey can chew but cannot move the bait to another location where it may be eaten by other Creatures or Birds
Also of note is that modern rodent poisons are a lot less dangerous to domestic pets than used to be the case with strychnine- and arsenic- based poisons. New ones tend to be derivatives of blood-thinners and anti-coagulants used in small doses in humans to lessen stroke risk but which turn out to be lethal in rodents.
Why? This thread actually got a point or two across.

Now, the one about the shotgun-shell attached to a crossbow-bolt. I can imagine any number of ways of that contraption going seriously wrong...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

crfriend wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:33 pm
weeladdie18 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:57 amOut of doors we are permitted to use specification Bait Stations which hold a bait which the prey can chew but cannot move the bait to another location where it may be eaten by other Creatures or Birds
Also of note is that modern rodent poisons are a lot less dangerous to domestic pets than used to be the case with strychnine- and arsenic- based poisons. New ones tend to be derivatives of blood-thinners and anti-coagulants used in small doses in humans to lessen stroke risk but which turn out to be lethal in rodents.
Why? This thread actually got a point or two across.

Now, the one about the shotgun-shell attached to a crossbow-bolt. I can imagine any number of ways of that contraption going seriously wrong...
The issue is not with the content of the thread...Another member suggested the use of the shot gun.
I was being flippant as the use of a powerhead on a cross bow may destroy the kitchen but not the prey.
I made a response to R.M regarding british Regs quoted to me last week regarding using
outdoor bait stations . The bait is fixed inside the station so the rat has to
chew the whole of the bait inside the station to effect a kill No large bird or animal can get near the
bait inside the station.....The Grain based spring trap is used indoors away from other animals
My system avoids my baits being tacn by bomestic pets ot wild animals.
The reason for locking the posts is so that members may reference what I have written ,
but no futher comment may be made to bend the thread...
I understand that Uncle Al. after discussion with the other mods was tasked to inform me that
the off topic subject of the thread was going off the thread...I see no point in removing a bent thread
when the content may become a useful stating point for research during this C19 lock down.I am not
clear why Uncle Al objected to my mention of the Heritage world of the Old Fishermen as this is part of the heritage of the British Migration to the Colonies...Including America.
Some fishermen have been working fishing stations for over 300 years....
So why remove all the Information from the Off Topic Webb Site ....
It is like burning your own library. If there is a problem with this off topic information
I consider the option is to just lock the thread and move on to another topic.
This thread has run a natural and successful course so just lock it and lock all my
current threads which must have caused some offense to an unknown party....
and move on..... However I have good reason for flagging now four moderators p.m.s.
This issue has been dragging on for months and I have offered a reasonable solution
to the original problem ....However the excuse has been pressure of work by the Mods.
No one is grasping the nettle....We now have a situation where the buck is being passed
around the table for the second time. .....so come on chaps let us sort this one out.
If anyone is going to send me a p.m. and take cover; then I am entitled to an
explanation as to how they can pass judgement on me
without allowing me a right of reply....this is an issue which has to be fully resolved