Installation Art

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Installation Art

Post by crfriend »

Art is always in the eye of the beholder, and sometimes it arrives when least expected -- and sometimes in odd forms.

And so it came to pass that over the past few months a most remarkable piece of "Redneck Installation Art" as been a'buidin' in my little section of woods. It also points up the fact that you Suthern Boys got nuttin' on us Yanks when it comes to bein' red just behind and below the head.
sc-redneck-art.jpg
I'm a guy, and I've had plenty of "project cars" in my lifetime, but none of mine ever spent more than a few hours on jack-stands, hence my stance that this is an installation piece. Interestingly, it seems to be a "disappearing piece" as each week it seems like there's less and less mass atop the pedestals -- it's like watching something in slow motion. I think I shall be sad when it finally winks out of existence.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Installation Art

Post by moonshadow »

I'd hazard a guess that they are parting it out.

Nevertheless I'm surprised they allow that kind of thing up there in yank-land! :lol:

Then again us southerners never actually "part" anything out despite what we say when we drag the thing home... no sir... that's just what we tell our wives and code enforcement.... the truth is there is something satisfying about having a little junk just to piddle on in the backyard.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Oh and that grass is way too short... no old appliances laying around, landscaped trees? And... and... is that an actual NET still attached to that basket ball hoop? And where is the old camper house or fire damaged single wide trailer?

Pfft.... amateurs!

:lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

If a broken down car is left for more than about 48 hours [0] it ends up slowly disappearing as people move various parts. Now nobody ever sees anyone removing parts - they just disappear. How the engine gets removed is anyone's guess.

[0] Could be less depending upon the neighbourhood.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

When I first moved into this neighbourhood I commented that if you had a C.B. radio, you could even get a car battery at three o'clock in the morning ...the problem was that it might turn out to be your own battery.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

There is the old joke that in some neighbourhoods they could remove your wheels while you were still moving!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I know a guy who bought a junk pickup for the transmission, and is in the process of parting it out. He had some guy give him money for the floorboards... He came and cut out sections that he intended to use to patch the holes that were rusted through in his truck. I laughed pretty hard when he showed me the pictures...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:Oh and that grass is way too short... no old appliances laying around, landscaped trees? And... and... is that an actual NET still attached to that basket ball hoop? And where is the old camper house or fire damaged single wide trailer?

Pfft.... amateurs!

:lol:
Don't forget the '77 Chevy pickup on cement blocks...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...