It's getting COLD!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

It's getting COLD!

Post by Uncle Al »

Dallas/Ft. Worth - 10AM 66* 9:15PM 32* = A BLUE NORTHER :!:

It's bloody COLD tonight :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: It's getting COLD!

Post by beachlion »

You are not the only one to get cold feet. Tomorrow night it will get in the very low 20s here.

After wearing skirts for so long, I had to wear jeans today when I had to do some shopping. I had to visit the bathroom and I needed some time to realize I had to use the zipper to get my business done. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

This is just the start of business as usual:

BLOOMINGTON, MN
as of 10:49 pm CST

10°
CLEAR
feels like -3° (windchill factor)
H -- L 5°
UV Index 0 of 10

Already in the - minus figures on the Canada border

Wearing skirts underwear will not be the only thing FLASH frozen !

This is an acceptable time to wear de pants leggings tights hosiery under a skirted cover and highly recommended to boot !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

hail and thunder on the other side of the Atlantic. Also a northerly wind which makes a U-turn and thus posing as if coming from the S-W.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

It's 7°F here in northern Illinois. I'll wear a long skirt when I walk to the village center to pay my water bill today.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

We're forecast for record cold tonight, and I am seriously considering hauling out my flannel nightgown... It's as frumpy as it gets, but boy is it comfy.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

crfriend wrote:We're forecast for record cold tonight, and I am seriously considering hauling out my flannel nightgown... It's as frumpy as it gets, but boy is it comfy.
I had my lavender flannel nightgown on last night when it was down to 6°F. Not the greatest look-- I'm not sure I want to take a picture.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Daytime S.W. U.K. ..... 0n the coast ...14 to 17 C. .....bit warmer than last year , Light rain showers and plenty of wind
Another depression coming through soon....Ground is very soggy but we live in the top of a 200 foot high slab of rock covered in clay ...
Ground may be soggy till March.......All walking area on my lawns covered in plastic mesh....Walking and vehicle areas covered in 20 MM granite ballast.
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Jim wrote:It's 7°F here in northern Illinois. I'll wear a long skirt when I walk to the village center to pay my water bill today.
We don't get it cold you you there Jim, and certainly not at this time of year.... from the Met Office:

UK extremes
Parameter Location Value
Highest maximum temperature Swanage 11.2 °C
Lowest maximum temperature Balmoral 2.4 °C
Lowest minimum temperature Aviemore -0.7 °C
Highest rainfall Threave 33.6 mm
Sunniest St Athan 6.0 hours

Issued at: 2301 on Mon 11 Nov 2019

It was about 7°C here most of today.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

beachlion wrote:You are not the only one to get cold feet. Tomorrow night it will get in the very low 20s here.

After wearing skirts for so long, I had to wear jeans today when I had to do some shopping. I had to visit the bathroom and I needed some time to realize I had to use the zipper to get my business done. ;)
I find a wool knee length skirt and 60-100 denier stockings or tights to be warmer than jeans worn without long johns under. I usually don't need more than that down to -10C or 14F. I pair that with a down coat to knee level. End of last season I picked up a calf length down coat, with that and knee boots, can probably get to -25C or -13F
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I am sorry to hear people suffering in the cold. It will probably be a very long and cold winter. It was about 90 degrees where we live.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have had to pull my night gowns for the closet as the temperatures have dropped into the mid 20s. All summer long I don't wear anything but my undies to bed, so it means getting used to the gowns. But when it is so cold I have to do it. Last night the temperature dropped to 23F and the heater was barely able to keep up with it. So the gown felt nice and warm.

I hate winter!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Fred , I light up a tea light , so I think it is warm in my bedroom .......
Who will be the first to report frost on the inside of their bedroom windows ?

15 C in S.W. U.K. today.......
Reports of Cold Weather in U.S.A .
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Hard to say exactly what will happen between now and Xmas ...Weather feels normal and pleasant .
This afternoon was the first day I have been seriously held up with afternoon rain ....

Could have another Gale next week....here in U.K.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Sometimes it's not necessarily the air temperature but the wind that adds that extra wind chill. That's the situation today with temperatures in the low 40's but the wind is really biting. Today it seems to blow straight from the front doors of the store straight to the tills.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.