A plate for Fred (and other railroad enthusiast)

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

A plate for Fred (and other railroad enthusiast)

Post by moonshadow »

It's time to renew Jax's plates, and I was browsing the Virginia DMV's website on what choices they have for custom plates these days and I happened upon this, and immediately thought of Fred, among others here:

I ultimately decided on the "United We Stand" license plate, with the custom message "JAX DP" (which is short for "Jax Dolphin")

"United We Stand" because... boy howdy do we need more of that these days :!:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A plate for Fred (and other railroad enthusiast)

Post by Fred in Skirts »

WOW!!! I sure wished South Carolina had something like that. Since SC had one of the most famous old trains "The Best Fried of Charleston" That ran from Hamburg SC to Charleston SC Before the fireman tied down the safety valve because it was popping off and disturbing his lunch.It made one last POP! :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Here is some information for The best Friend..
best friend.jpg
The_best_friend_1830.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Fred in Skirts wrote:WOW!!! I sure wished South Carolina had something like that. Since SC had one of the most famous old trains "The Best Fried of Charleston" That ran from Hamburg SC to Charleston SC Before the fireman tied down the safety valve because it was popping off and disturbing his lunch.It made one last POP! :lol:
You should see if there are any rail heritage non profits in South Carolina, according to the south Carolina DMV website, that, and about a six grand sponsorship fee is all that's required to get them to produce a plate.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

We don't have such things over here, more's the pity. License plates have to be reflective white background for the front and yellow reflective for the rear. The size is standard and the EU prefer a blue band down the lhs with the EU stars or the Union Flag. At one stage the EU stars was deemed mandatory which caused a fuss over here and it was relented to allow the alternative of the national flag. Stickers were produced to overlay the blue band with one with the national flag on it.

Lettering is standardised to a particular font and the use of spaces regulated to avoid words being prduced. So PAR 1S would be allowed as this is what is registered but PAR1S would not as there should be a space after the 1. Also certain combinations are not allowed so PEN 1S has not been registered. Sad really, isn't it. The format was changed from AAA N(NN)A [0] to AANN AAA. Location of registration is built into the registration and if you want that detail then google it.

[0] The NN in brackets are optional numbers so that field can be from 1 to 999.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:The size is standard and the EU prefer a blue band down the lhs with the EU stars or the Union Flag. At one stage the EU stars was deemed mandatory which caused a fuss over here and it was relented to allow the alternative of the national flag. Stickers were produced to overlay the blue band with one with the national flag on it.
Well, maybe if you all ever get out of the E.U., you can getcha a cool U.K. plate.

Some might feel that custom plates are a waste of time and money. To them I'd say just get whatever standard issue plate their state offers. I rather enjoy browsing all of the plate combinations and finally entering in my own personal message. It doesn't cost much extra per year.

But even the standard plate in most U.S. states are like little advertisements for the state itself, usually with the states tourism website address along the bottom, and/or the state motto or catch phrase.

For example, Virginia's standard issue plate has "VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS" along the bottom (the "V" is actually a little red heart.) And the url http://www.virginia.org below that.

But even if you don't leave the E.U..... tell them to get off ya'lls case about the E.U. stars and so in on your plate. Gheeze... even the f
U.S. feds aren't so strict on the states....
-Andrea
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

When I buy my next car, I already have a plate in mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak