European heat wave

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

European heat wave

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

One way to endure the heat wave over Europe: Men and Boys need to take of their pants and wear skirts, feel the breeze, cool the legs. Time for a clothing revolution.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: European heat wave

Post by denimini »

I think most would rather perish than wear skirts. For those who want to wear skirts it would be a good time to start.
If questioned; "They are great in hot weather".
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I would also point out that skirts are cooler than shorts. Shorts are very effective in holding in heat in the crotch, while skirts allow ventilation.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:I would also point out that skirts are cooler than shorts. Shorts are very effective in holding in heat in the crotch, while skirts allow ventilation.
As I once commented to a woman who appreciated the fact that I wear skirts, "You gals have kept this secret for way too long!" That elicited a smile and a chuckle.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

At work I have been wearing knee-length cargo shorts and one of my female colleagues asked me if I preferred to wear shorts or a skirt. I said that that was an easy answer - a skirt. Then the question, "Why?" I gave her ( and other colleagues gathered at break time ) about a dozen reasons why ( you all know what they are ), and none of them had anything to do with wanting to be a woman, and said, "Does that answer your question?" I think at work at least they know why I wear a skirt and are comfortable with it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote: Then the question, "Why?" I gave her ( and other colleagues gathered at break time ) about a dozen reasons why ( you all know what they are )
A question like that is a welcome (but rare) opportunity to set things right, rather than letting people surmise.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia