Clothing and how it feels

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.

Clothing and how it feels

Postby saltwood » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:10 pm

So .. I have been wearing skirts for 2 years now. I also epilate extensively. I love having hairless legs, armpits, and the whole pubic region. I find that wearing lighter fabrics, skirts & kilts feels just lovely once there is no hair barrier. I am naturally very hairy and found clothes just clothes. No connection. Now that I can really feel what I am wearing .. fabric on skin, cool air on bare flesh, clothes have a whole new dimension. What do you feel/think?
saltwood

Re: Clothing and how it feels

Postby Happy-N-Skirts » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:43 pm

I don't shave those parts and haven't wondered what it would feel like. I like the feel of skirts with the breeze and keeping things dry. I like the feeling of not being rubbed by fabric on my thighs and from the inseam of pants. Maybe the reason I haven't thought of shaving legs, etc. might be because I don't have a lot of hair there and it is not very coarse. I hope I have answered your question.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Postby crfriend » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:39 pm

There are many drivers for why we've taken up wearing skirts. What we do, though, with what's out of sight is off-topic here. If it's not visible it's not public knowledge.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Postby Sinned » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:20 pm

As I have said in other threads I have started taking walks around out local lake at night. I try and do the walk three times in a night and 've done each walk in a different dress. The walk is about 2 miles so 6 miles a night is reasonable exercise. Sometimes, if I'm feeling energetic, I run part way ans in run a bit, walk a but [ repeat ]. Mostly the dresses that I have worn have had a skater type skirt allowing the hem to sway as I walk and I love the feeling. As I pass street lights I can see in my shadow that sway of the hem. I don't shave my legs and don't feel the need to. I wear tights, holdups, socks and have few problems. I'm getting more turned on by dresses with each wear but sadly feel that I have a cat's chance in the proverbial of getting MOH to appreciate me in one.

One idea that I have that I feel that I must pursue. In the Great British Sewing Bee current series one of the competitors mad a dress with an overlay made from a net curtain and it looked fabulous. So, I have a small number of lbd's and I initially thought of making an overlay to brighten the dress up. Then I widened the idea to making a mesh overlay as a separate that can be slipped over any of my lbd's to freshen it up. I have even sourced the material form my store. 1.5 metres of approximately 1.2 metre deep netting. Cost about £8. I will learn some new techniques such as how to sew a baby hem or a rolled hem and so on. An idea for any of you sewers out there!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Return to Off Topic