I need positive energy

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

I need positive energy

Post by Freedomforall »

Hello all,

I am in a state of shock tonight, so please forgive me if I ramble. Two years ago to the date, my wife and I were celebrating Mardi Gras at a small place in Franklin,Ky. We were sitting at the south end of the bar. My wife said she did not feel well and then she lost consciousness. A nurse and doctor happened to be eating nearby. The waitress summoned them. They checked and could not find my wife's pulse. It took CPR and 33 compresses to start her heart.

We went back tonight for the first time in two years to the celebration. We were literally on the opposite side of the place tonight and the same thing happened. No other time has this happened. It is so crazy. That is all I can say right now.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I need positive energy

Post by Dust »

Prayers headed your way.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

I have had these sort of problems over five or six years ..After the first collapse it was eventually
diagnosed as a cardiac problem and a pacemaker was fitted.......Last Sunday I collapsed in a café ....I went to hospital in an ambulance and the
cardiac sensor was running for an hour......The conclusion was that my blood pressure dropped after I had eaten and I fainted.

It took three hours for the blood pressure to correct itself and the doctor sent me home ....It was stated that 20 % of faints are unexplainable....
I have some sort of winter bug which makes me sick to clear my head,..... so we all live in hope....

My thoughts are with your family..............weeladdie
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hey Freedom,
All thoughts are with you both!
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Best wishes to you both, FFA. Stuff like that is terrifying for all involved.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

When you break an arm its easy you can see the damage. Something like this you don't know what to do. My prayers are with you .
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

FFA, I echo the sentiments and my thoughts are with you. You are not clear whether your young lady survived the second time. I'm hoping that she did.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

All the best for the two of you
Dick Ackerman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dick Ackerman »

My thoughts and prayers are with you two.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

FFA my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. :(

Please keep us informed as to what they find and if it is only temporary or if it will be a life time of careful observation by the doctors.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Hope everything works out and she gets better...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

FFA Prayers for you both. I hope she’s okay.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Good morning all,

She is ok, but exhausted. This is the same way she felt the last time. It is all so odd. We have been to this restaurant many times and this has never happened. That is, until the Mardi Gras. We can't figure out the reason and the only commonality is Mardi Gras. She had one drink, as she is not much of a drinker. I think Weeladdie might be on to something as she does already have a very slow heart rate. Anyway, trying to move forward. It took me many years and heartaches to find such a wonderful woman and to think of losing her is unthinkable. Thank you all for your friendship. This cafe is my support and I appreciate everyone of you!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That's excellent news all the way 'round that she's OK. Thanks for transmitting as I suspect that more than a few of us got entirely worried about the situation.

Not to sound superstitious, but perhaps another venue for next Mardi Gras?

I'm glad that it's all worked out.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

crfriend wrote:That's excellent news all the way 'round that she's OK. Thanks for transmitting as I suspect that more than a few of us got entirely worried about the situation.

Not to sound superstitious, but perhaps another venue for next Mardi Gras?

I'm glad that it's all worked out.
We may never do another Mardi Gras. We are thinking it is an energy related event or even perhaps something from a past life.