2018 weather

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

2018 weather

Post by dillon »

For older men, we just don't talk enough about the weather, LOL.

This was interesting. Not sure if you have to have FB to see it or not. Pay special attention to the coast of North Carolina Sept 13 through 17. That was my demise.

https://www.facebook.com/stormpursuer/v ... 482712086/

Dillon
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Re: 2018 weather

Post by beachlion »

Fantastic. To see if I can go to the beach, I check 5 or 6 weather stations so you may call me a weather freak. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Interesting. I notice periodically there were these little "puffs" that seemed to rest over what I would call metropolitan areas. What are these puffs? Is it pollution?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

All those pretty blue and green colours. I notice that your weather goes from west to east with a bit from the south on occasion. In our little corner that's not always the case. Mostly it's from the west, remnants of the weather that has exited your continent. But we also have a big lump of land to the east of us and sometimes the wind and high/low pressure area conjunction mean that we get weather from the east. Maybe that's why our weather is so changeable.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Dennis is of course speaking for himself, standing up on the top of York Minster from which on a clear day you can see Eastwards right across (European) Russia to the Urals, from where his favourite weather comes :wink:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Now come on Tom, you should know that York is in a valley so the top of the Minister is nowhere near enough to see Scarborough, never mind Europe! The Minister central tower was sinking until the late sixties/early seventies when they shored up the foundations to stop it. Maybe if we looked west we could see the US if it weren't for the Pennines [0] in the way. Besides we don't have that many clear days?

[0] The Pennines - a range of moderately low hills forming a backbone for this little islet.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Ah yes, the Pennines....M62 with a farm in the central bit and all that.

I remember visiting the Minster in the late 60s and it was a mass of scaffolding within and they actually allowed the public walk down among the old and new tower foundations to show what they were doing. Absolutely fascinating. MOH is due to take about 30 ladies 'of a certain age' to see it next May. They won't be disappointed, that's for sure.

I thought due to the Flat Earth and refraction &c &c you could see Japan from the Minster roof! Today we caught a fleeting glimpse of that big yellow UFO, which people tell me reliably will be higher in the sky, come June......

Tom
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

Aaaah!! The strange light in the sky which is seen so rarely that it may be the portent of some disaster.

Speaking from the West of England under grey skies -- again!!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

The Earth may be flat after all.... When I visited the Virginia coast last year, I looked to my north west and I thought I caught a glimpse of a dentist guy in a skirt on the island across the way. :P

Of course I did use my handy telescope.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

A fellow member kindly informed me that if I were standing on the Virginia coast, looking north west, I would likely see Indiana rather than our root cannaling friend in Ireland.

Clearly this member in question does not understand flat earth logic, it doesn't matter where you stand, you're always at the center, and once the dome gets involved, the possibilities are endless. :lol: :lol:

:eye: :wink:

Damned round earthers with their science and logic.... :alien:
-Andrea
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Tom, tell me when they'll be here in York and, if possible and I can get past MOH, I'll try and take a mini-skirted walk nearby and around them. You do realise that there's an admission charge for the Minister now? Also all the shops have moved out of town and there's tumbleweed blowing down Parliament Street. Or so I've been told because I haven't been into the centre of York for about 50 years, now. So for all I know they may have knocked it all down and turned it into one humongous archyology [0] dig funded by Balfour Beatty.

[0] In the terms of the advert it must be a science because it's an -ology.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Dennis,
Yes, I do know they leveled the Shambles and replaced it with that much-needed concrete multi-storey car park & shopping mall. Not surprised they're charging for entry into the Minster after having spent all that money on it.

Hope they managed to save a few of the satsuma trees. 'Twould be a shame if they all disappeared.

May 6th morning they sail and they should hit York on or about the 8th. Will appraise you of their more detailed movement plans nearer the time.

Moon, Take it from me, looking down root canals is not the best way to go about seeing the far side of the world! My April silver bird driver informs me that to reach SF from Dublin we need to fly over a place called Greenland, which is white, apparently, then creep across Canada & down the US West coast, giving Virginia a wide berth, so I won't be able to spot you, even with a telescope! :blue:

Tom