Wooden creations

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Wooden creations

Post by voodoomagic »

This is some of my creations that I have done, when I mentioned them in a previous post.
55.jpg
IMG_20181111_195012282.jpg
IMG_20180930_181225180.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wooden creations

Post by Sinned »

Well done and they remind me of .... a friend of ours who was a magician with wood. He would buy all sorts of exotic coloured woods and make fruit, pens, bowls and all sorts of other things. He had the lathes, saws and other woodworking tools in order to do this. He's now had to give it up due to ill-health.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Thanks Sinned for the great comments, sorry to hear about your friend, would love to pick his brain on how to do some of this stuff, since I am still learning.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks, yeah, he's like about 80+ now and his hands just won't allow him to work the chisels and other tools. We supported him while he was making things by buying fruit, bowls and other things to supplement his pension. We have acorns on stalks, apples, bananas, cherries on stalks, pears and other things in the appropriately coloured or dyed woods. They look realistic. He made a load of acorns, leaves and stalks to go up a diagonally rising piece of wood for our stairs. I don't think that there was anything he didn't know about wood. Bit of a long way to come to talk with him though.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Sinned wrote:Bit of a long way to come to talk with him though.
Sinned I would love to make that trip but money and time is not in my future right now. But it sounds like he was a master craftsman with wood. Would love to see some of his work, got any pics you could share? Sounds really interesting on the stairs also.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Excellent craftmanship. You are very skilled indeed. Please share more as you make them. Do you have them listed on Etsy or a website?
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Freedomforall wrote:Do you have them listed on Etsy or a website?
Thanks Freedomforall for the kind words an no I haven't, but I'm trying to get a few done so I can try and sell some to make a little extra money.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

voodoomagic wrote:
Freedomforall wrote:Do you have them listed on Etsy or a website?
Thanks Freedomforall for the kind words an no I haven't, but I'm trying to get a few done so I can try and sell some to make a little extra money.
You should have no problem making extra money with those and many more beautiful creations that you make!
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Freedomforall wrote: Please share more as you make them.
Thanks again Freedomforall, I will try and post a few more pics.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

You do a great job with wood. I miss the artistic touch and being an engineer, with me form follows function. If somebody finds one of my creations pleasing to the eye, it is totally unintentional. ;) I admire people who are capable of making things from a blue print in their mind.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

beachlion wrote:You do a great job with wood.
Thanks beachlion, I really enjoy working with my hands and its like meditating of sorts really relaxing to me. I kind of spend hours doing the sawing and the time just flies by.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

voodoomagic, I'll try and get some photos of his work over the next day or two. Yes, he is a craftsman. It's just a pity that time takes its toll on the body like it does.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Thanks Sinned that would be great! Here is a few more of what I have been doing.
FB_IMG_1544806434800 3.jpg
IMG_20181204_192749742 3.jpg
IMG_20181224_163120625 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Serendipity works its magic once again. The guy we have been discussing was at my checkout today. And he does look old now. I told him that I had been singing his praises and he said that there was little he didn't know about working with wood. He was pleased with what I told him but I feel that he hasn't many years left with us, sad to say. The stuff you are doing is really good but a lot chunkier than the stuff that he was doing. Cherries were cherry sized and acorns were acorn sized. Each fruit was the size it would be in real life.
voodoomagic
Member Extraordinaire

Post by voodoomagic »

Sinned wrote:The guy we have been discussing was at my checkout today. And he does look old now. I told him that I had been singing his praises and he said that there was little he didn't know about working with wood. He was pleased with what I told him but I feel that he hasn't many years left with us, sad to say. The stuff you are doing is really good but a lot chunkier than the stuff that he was doing.
So sad to hear Sinned, I'm glad he is still able to get out and about though. Yea I know they are a little chunky but I am still learning and trying to find my way. Got to go big before I can go small.