God I'm bored.....

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

God I'm bored.....

Post by moonshadow »

Ugh Friday can't come soon enough.

My fail-safe go-to activity for long hotel stays has always been Sim City. Since my laptop died I've had no access to a practical computer, thus: no sim city :blue: . I'm hundreds of miles away from my usual household chores, my lawnmower, my dirt pile, my barn, my cats, my library, my encyclopedia set, my DVD collection of Star Trek TNG. I've got nothing to tinker with. No basement to crawl around in and trace the electrical and pluming.

I have cable TV here... MAN DOES TV SUCK THESE DAYS!

UGHHH! Who the hell actually pays for this [cable service] anymore?

That's all I had to say... just a time killing post from my phone..... 1.5 days to go and we head back home....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: God I'm bored.....

Post by moonshadow »

Somebody put something juicy in "news and advocacy".... PLEASE?

Surely to goodness some guy somewhere got fired for wearing a skirt, some kid to suspended from school for the same.....

Gotta be something going on...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Gotta be something going on...
The President of the United States got openly laughed at by the UN General Assembly quite recently and just this evening all the "news" outlets carried a 45-minute twit [0] of his. The Boston Red Sox [6] won theitr107th game of the regular [baseball] season today. 'Twas clearly a slow news day.

About 20 minutes into the twit I asked the bartender to change the TVs to the Test-Pattern [2] Channel which garnered quite a few chuckles in my local. Yes, there are quite a number of regulars who are "of a certain age" or at least have understanding.

[0] "Twit", noun, a public post on "Twitter". "Tweets" come from tweeters: small high-frequency speakers that supply the "brightness" we hear from hi-fi systems.
[1] Whilst I may look vaguely 19th Century I am thoroughly 20th Century [3, 5].
[2] These are classic still images that were frequently broadcast over-the-air on analogue wireless television (remember that?) which were useful in setting deflection, sweep, and focus settings on CRT-based televisions (remember those), both black-and-white and colour [1].
[3] As proved by responding to an honest question of, "Isn't your employer unhappy about not being able to reach you when you're off the clock?" by producing my flip-phone from my waistcoat pocket. This elicited a huge grin and a statement that she missed her flip-phone and now carries a large-format slab.
[4] This space intentionally left blank.
[5] Screw the 21st Century. Nothing good is going to come from it except, hopefully, the extinction of Homo Sapiens (based on what I've seen recently from the species).
[6] Those bums stole my grandmother's youth! Yes, they redeemed themselves in 2004 which she relished (and I suspect was waiting for, and getting impatient in the process) and was gone a couple of months later.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Here in Oz, Moon we have had our I think 7th Prime Minister in less than six years. The sad part is that unlike cable it is actually true.

John
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

moonshadow wrote:Somebody put something juicy in "news and advocacy".... PLEASE?

Surely to goodness some guy somewhere got fired for wearing a skirt, some kid to suspended from school for the same.....

Gotta be something going on...
Maybe not much, but have just signed the lease on new digs. When I started looking, decided I wasn't going to worry about changing out of my skirt, because if it was going to be an issue, would rather find out now, not once I was settled in. Nobody seemed to pay much attention to my clothing, which is how it should be as long as I'm decently covered.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Hey Moon,
Today was bright and sunny tonight was as black as coal when the lights went out. :( A small electrical storm, remember those, passed by and killed the power for over three hours. It just came back on. :D So if you are bored pray to the rain god for an electrical storm for your area it should get exciting. :lol: We had almost continual lightning through the whole thing. The storm lasted four hours. Drove the dogs crazy, that was something else I had to listen to, the dogs howling their heads off. :rofl: :hide:

Hope this helped as it is the only news I have.....
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

For the past few days ( and some nights ) I have been painting a back bedroom lilac, purple and white in the nude for my granddaughter. I paint in the nude because it's easier to get paint off skin than clothes. I would be on my own so no fear of being disturbed and, in any case, my family know what I am like. I do lots of useful things with nothing on. As has been said it's a slow news day. Good enough for you, Moon!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

crfriend stole my heart by starting a numbered list with 0.
Ralph!
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

For Carl...

crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

FranTastic444 wrote:For Carl...
More along the lines of this one:
test-pattern.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

This is my earliest memory of a (Dutch) version. I was tinkering with TVs at the time with a long nylon screwdriver.
Testbeeld TV zwart wit.jpg
Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

This can be one of the most interesting things that has been displayed on my TV.
Several sets have been set up using this.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Like to use those as Bomb Sights and placed over those currently annoying political ads !
Enough enough - let me vote in peace or give me the means to well - - - can't go there legally.
But I can wish upon a star !
Wish elections were like computers with a REBOOT mode - and not a warm welcoming one to boot !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Well I've always wondered what was the purpose of those screens.... now I know.

Too young to know of the Indian Head. Even the color bars were about phased out early in my life, making room for the late night (early morning) infomercial.

The stuff on TV now is just garbage. It reinforces my position of NOT subscribing to any television service. Nothing but reality TV shows, politics, and lots and lots of commercials.

And the political rhetoric in this nation is an offense to the ear. I'd rather listen to toddlers throw tantrums in restaurants all day. When I hear someone talk about politics it's like nails down a chalkboard.

Uagh.... it took almost two weeks, but the guys in class are finally starting to get comfortable enough with one another to strike up constant political discussions....

Yeeap..... guess it's time to be heading on..... Back to the daily solitude of my service van.....
-Andrea