New problem regarding logging in

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

New problem regarding logging in

Post by weeladdie18 »

The " automatic logging in " to Skirt Café usually works if I go from ...Internet Explorer.. to Google Search, .. to Skirt Café... However this procedure failed.
When I tried to login my password manually the password was rejected. .... twice.... when I pressed the automatic login button, ...the system
recognised me and logged me in......I have never previously used this procedure... ...weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New problem regarding logging in

Post by weeladdie18 »

My new procedure on a second day of trials ..press login automatically .. then press login ............ for some reason the procedure will now
not login automatically by itself.....perhaps it is the balance of my own system which has upset the skirt café system....weeladdie
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

WL, it must be something on your computer as my automatic login has worked flawlessly for month and months and months. use either chrome or ie and I have skirtcafe as a favourite and as such it appears below the address bar. I click on it and it loads up, logged in in seconds. So I don't think that it's anything skirtcafe related. Have you changed anything recently?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I'll be quite candid here that I do not, and never have, used the "auto-login" facility. When the access and power my account wields I don't want anybody else gaining access if my laptop gets purloined. Passwords are a jealously guarded secret, ridiculously complex, and hidden behind multiple layers of security.

Methinks this is a "client-side" problem and not one with the forum or the software that drives it. And, of course, if one prods hard enough it's always possible to derange even the best-constructed of systems.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Thank you Carl... I would agree this change in logging in could be client related.... If there have been no changes in the skirt café system.
I am using a Portable P.C. with windows 8.1...power source from a charger to a battery....my system does have times when I.E. or windows
will not function correctly....My system has even had times when it has lost its control over its own charging rate.
The current issue is that the system now accepts a different procedure to auto login.This is probably the forth time the latest procedure has functioned
correctly.......However if I try to manually log in Skirt Café does not recognise my password .

If I carry out your recommendation how will Skirt Café recognise my password for a manual log in ? .....weeladdie
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

weeladdie18 wrote:If I carry out your recommendation how will Skirt Café recognise my password for a manual log in ?
If it fails, contact me at the (slightly obfuscated) e-mail address just below the masthead. If I'm available, I'll almost always answer within 12 hours (longer if I'm away; even I "have a life").
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Carl Thank you for your second reply.... my system is now crashing during composing posts .A new fault will appear in my system or it will correct
itself. We all live in hope....Windows 8.1 has recently upgraded itself. Perhaps this is where the compatability fault lies..............weeladdie
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Windows 8 in any form is like telling the Sorcerers Apprentice to knock himself out - have a field day !
Throw those mops and brooms out the Windows with the magic wand.

I am using Windows Home 7 and have problems from time to time - - -
Darn Windows - NO doors to escape from - just windows.

Having too many windows open causing a draft for memory functioning ?
I have Norton 360 with a vault full of passwords and user IDs sometimes it will not fill in the blanks
if I have too many windows open. Closing all but 1 window seems to work - but then - - -
Have you tried the ole warm boot restart and see if the same result can be obtained ?
Then the start up from a total cold shutdown ?

Any anti-virus conflicts ?
Maybe a reinstall of Windows 8.1 upgrade ?

Hell I don't know - throwing blindfolded darts (Pinata style) at a revolving dart board might score something of a result !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I know almost nothing about computers and can only perform simple functions on the one I have......a Lenovo laptop with windows 10. Sk.cafe is listed among my 'favourite' sites and it uses a 'log-in automatically each visit' facility.

So one click with the arrow in the right place has me right among you guys.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !