Ahhh... the wavelength of spring weather...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Ahhh... the wavelength of spring weather...

Post by moonshadow »

You all know I complain about this every year. Mother Nature's cruelness and all...

If you charted out the weather in the southern Appalachians each and every spring you would find it is almost like a wavelength. One that you can set your watch to by God...

From March to May, this will be the forecast, I'd bed my life's savings on it:

SUNDAY: CHILLY AND OVERCAST - 40 TO 50 DEGREES DAYTIME HIGH
MONDAY: MODERATE AND SUNNY - 60 DEGREES
TUESDAY: WARM AND SUNNY - 75 DEGREES
WEDNESDAY: WARM AND SUNNY - 80 DEGREES
THURSDAY: PARTLY CLOUDY AND MILD: - 70 DEGREES
FRIDAY: SUNNY IN THE MORNING, CLOUDS MOVING IN BY EVENING, TEMPS STARTING AT 70 BUT DROPPING TO THE 50S. POSSIBLE RAIN FRIDAY NIGHT
SATURDAY: RAIN, POSSIBLE SNOW MIXING IN, HIGH IN THE MID 30S.

EVERY DAMNED WEEKEND! :x :x :x

As you can see... the only time I can photograph a blue sky is while I'm at work.... naturally...

HOWEVER: For the race fans among us, FEAR NOT! Your buddy Moon Shadow has you covered, for I'm ON CALL AGAIN race weekend, so the weather is going to be phenomenal! You can count on 80 degrees and wall to wall sunshine. Not that I'm in to races generally, but do you realize in the 5 years I've lived in this area I have been on call for every single spring and summer race??

Do you realize how much it SUCKS to be on call when such a big event rolls into town???

-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Ahhh... the wavelength of spring weather...

Post by crfriend »

Ah, NASCAR, the left-turn wonder...

Give me a LeMans style race, or better still, a good old-fashioned rally.

NASCAR would be improved by charging the idiots who bump other (idiots) on the track with a moving offense and, if a crash ensues, liability for the damages caused to other cars and the venue. It'd improve the civility of the enterprise a bit. But, that would kind of deaden the historical notion of each and every race being a battle between the bootlegger and the revenue man.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!