What I don't like - a small rant

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What I don't like - a small rant

Post by Kirbstone »

For my sins I have adhered strictly to the seefood diet for the last 58 years. That means that when I see food I eat it.

Seafood on the other hand is frankly to die for. Living on an island surrounded by the North Atlantic Drift the choice and abundance is the best there is, anywhere. I used to dine with a Jewish colleague regularly while in Germany. He was strictly Kosher and we dined on fish, mostly. He had to confine himself to fish with fins that swam, while I could (and still do) indulge in shellfish & crustaceans of all kinds.

I don't like:....Having to hide my skirts from MOH.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon, I'd watch how much Ibuprofen you consume - there is evidence that it reduces fertility in men and women!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Fred in Skirts wrote:I do not like vegans who get all up in your face when they see you eating meat or dairy. If you don't want to eat meat then don't eat it, BUT don't try to make me stop eating what humans were designed to eat. Most doctors will tell you that the vegan diet is not all that healthy. Many will tell you that you should not eat red meat more that twice a week. I say BS I eat meat all most every day. So vegans stay away from me.
I had a vegan neighbor when I lived in Pulaski. She tried to convert us a few times, unsuccessfully I might add.

She gave me a piece of tofu bacon once. It was "tolerable", in other words, I'd eat it if I were starving to death, but I'd hardly call that stuff "food".

No sir, I am most certainly a meat eater. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those obnoxious macho type that goes crazy over meat, eating it raw, blood dripping, having no manners etc. No I always try to pay my respects to the animal that gave it's life for my nutrition, but I do enjoy meat all the same.

Interestingly enough, it was explained to me by a few people that the human body was never designed (or evolved, whichever you believe) to be carnivorous. And that our bodies function to live on nuts and other plant based foods, hence why we must cook our food in order to properly digest it, unlike virtually all other beast in the animal kingdom. I don't know. There is some interesting evolutionary theory that goes with all of that... fun topic, but would completely run this thread off the rails.... some other time.
Sinned wrote:Moon, I'd watch how much Ibuprofen you consume - there is evidence that it reduces fertility in men and women!
Fine by me! We're done with children! Love Amber to death, but no more of that! :P
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Getting old is not fun. To quote a wise old man I know. "Getting old is not for wimps. "

I understand and have the chronic allergies. Just found out a few weeks ago that I have the sleep apnea. Going to be getting set up with the mask thingy soon. Been suffering from chronic fatigue for awhile now. Hopefully CPAP helps, that or I have something else going on. Bad knees, bald head. I miss my 20s.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

mishawakaskirt wrote:Getting old is not fun. To quote a wise old man I know. "Getting old is not for wimps. " I understand and have the chronic allergies. Just found out a few weeks ago that I have the sleep apnea. Going to be getting set up with the mask thingy soon. Been suffering from chronic fatigue for awhile now. Hopefully CPAP helps, that or I have something else going on. Bad knees, bald head. I miss my 20s.
CPAP should help it helped me and fast. The first night I wore it I slept all the way through the night for the first time in 5 years. Now the only reason I wake up at night is to make a pit stop. :roll:
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Moon,

Ibuprofen is a brufen-type painkiller and may trigger or exacerbate breathing difficulties. Always beware of side-effects when taking medication.

A brief study of Gnathology...Knowledge of Occlusion...The Bite, will demonstrate that Homo Sapiens developed masticatory equipment to qualify him as an Omnivore.

Tom
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

No offense taken on hating seafood. You go a few hundred miles inland and good seafood becomes about as common as the holy grail. Having had lobster that was hanging out in the ocean less than 12 hours from the time it hit my plate, I've found places like Red Lobster to be, at best, second rate.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

kingfish wrote:No offense taken on hating seafood. You go a few hundred miles inland and good seafood becomes about as common as the holy grail. Having had lobster that was hanging out in the ocean less than 12 hours from the time it hit my plate, I've found places like Red Lobster to be, at best, second rate.
I have had lobster that 20 minutes before I ate it, was swimming in the sea. :lol: There is a big difference in taste the fresher it is. :dance:
As far as Red Slobster is concerned that is not a place I eat at if I can help it. They are to seafood as water is dirt. I have had the local shutdown for health and cleanliness reasons a few years ago. :naughty:

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Yeah, there's a reason you don't find Red Lobster pretty much anywhere in New England or near the coasts. I ate there exactly once. I'd rather go to taco hell than go back.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Here's one for you, Kingfish.

A couple of Julys ago I took a visiting Australian old friend 650 feet up the Skellig to visit Darth Vadar's lair. After the trip and the climb we treated ourselves to the Best Lobster in the World at Rosie O'Grady's gastro-pub at Reenard Point where the double-ended ferry plies across to Knightstown on Valentia Island, right by the Skellig.

She offers all sorts of seafood except scollops, which are farmed extensively in the Sound right outside her door. Curiously 100% of those are exported, so Rosie gets none.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.