Happy New Year 2018

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Happy New Year 2018

Post by skirtingtoday »

Happy New Year to you all from Edinburgh.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Happy New Year 2018

Post by Fred in Skirts »

skirtingtoday wrote:Happy New Year to you all from Edinburgh.
Ross
And a Happy New Year to you Ross and to all of the fantastic folks who reside here at the SkirtCafe.

Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

A Happy New Year to all the skirters from SkirtCafe. Or in my previous local lingo: Een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar.

I hope we have a short winter, just long and cold enough to kill off the nasty creepers from behind the base boards and from the wet basements. Then skirt-worthy weather.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bikerkilt »

Happy New Year to you and your. Have a great 2018
aussie08

Post by aussie08 »

Wishing you all a Healthy 2018
from
"Down Under"
AUSTRALIA
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

And from Toronto, a happy new year to all, and may we later say it was!
Daryl...
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

And from Melbourne down under.

John
Rokje
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Rokje »

Happy New Year :) ("Gelukkig nieuw jaar" in Dutch)
Be proud to wear a skirt or dress, they are just clothes. Yes , they are for men too
I'm Marica, I'm a 59 year old girl.
Learning Norwegian: Jeg er Marica.

8)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Happy January First! :P
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

....and in the words of Flanders & Swann in their hilarious 'Song of the Weather'.....'Bloody January again'. We've just had our 49th Wedding anniversary. Next one is our Big Golden., Deo Vivere.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote:Happy January First! :P
Just had to be different, didn't ya? Being different is kind of a thing with you, ain't it? I suppose next you'll be telling us you wear girl's clothes or something, right? There's just no end of it with your type, I tell you what.
Daryl...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Daryl wrote:Just had to be different, didn't ya? Being different is kind of a thing with you, ain't it? I suppose next you'll be telling us you wear girl's clothes or something, right? There's just no end of it with your type, I tell you what.
Well, you know me, I do define my own character. Although there is one error in your comment. My choice in dress actually quite normal, very few people wear clothes belonging to the opposite sex. Most people wear their own clothes, myself included.... :wink:

I do not own a single piece of "women's clothes". All my clothes belong to me. :lol: :P
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Now Moon, you're now splitting hairs on the use of the phrase "women's clothing". The most common meaning is not clothes owned by a woman but clothes designed or marketed or expected for a woman to wear. That is skirts, for example, in our western society are normally expected only for women to wear so to call them women's clothes would be usual.

BTW, just pulling ya ( sticking out of the skirt ) leg.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

moonshadow wrote:
Daryl wrote:Just had to be different, didn't ya? Being different is kind of a thing with you, ain't it? I suppose next you'll be telling us you wear girl's clothes or something, right? There's just no end of it with your type, I tell you what.
Well, you know me, I do define my own character. Although there is one error in your comment. My choice in dress actually quite normal, very few people wear clothes belonging to the opposite sex. Most people wear their own clothes, myself included.... :wink:

I do not own a single piece of "women's clothes". All my clothes belong to me. :lol: :P
But from your self-reported purchasing habits most of them seem to have originally belonged to women, so they are still women's clothes too, by the cumulative principle of history... :ugeek:
Daryl...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Daryl wrote:But from your self-reported purchasing habits most of them seem to have originally belonged to women
Incorrect.... most of my clothes belonged to the GoodWill corporation as well as other retail outlets.

To my knowledge corporations and other business entities are one of the few things humans have not assigned gender to... (but give us time... legally the U.S. already considers them "people"!) :wink:
-Andrea