Please keep Moonshadow in Prayers.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Please keep Moonshadow in Prayers.

Post by Elisabetta »

Hey guys. Moon got a call from his aunt tonight that his daddy isn't doing too well. His daddy hasn't eaten since last Thursday. Moons taking it hard and hopes nothing happens before the 29th when he goes to visit his daddy. Light a candle for him and for those that Pray please think of Moon. Thank you!
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Please keep Moonshadow in Prayers.

Post by Jim »

I'm praying.

No way he can visit sooner?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Jenn,
The festive Season is also a time for reflection and prayer for most of us. It would be nice for Moon to get to see his Dad while he is still able to communicate and Moon may well have to visit him sooner than planned.

When my Dad became gravely ill and probably wouldn't survive long I flew 1000 miles to be at his bedside and chat with him just a few days before he passed. That was 46 years ago and I value that visit to this day.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I will be calling him frequently between now and the 29th. If there is a major downward turn I will take an emergency day off if I have to to visit sooner.

I haven't seen him in over a year, but I've talked to him on the phone now and then since then. Our relationship has been strained in recent times, mostly due to political divisions (sadly).

I learned today that earlier this week his blood pressure got very low, I don't remember the high number, but it was under 100, but the low number was 40. Apparently he almost blacked out and nearly wrecked his car on a bridge near where he lives. He has since visited the doctor and had an adjustment made to his medication, and now his blood pressure at last check was 117/70, a step in the right direction. Right now my biggest concern is according to him he hasn't eaten since last Thursday (a week ago). He is drinking fluids but that's all. He says he just doesn't have an appetite. He is also complaining of being extremely hot one minute and shivering cold the next. He's not sleeping well. He also is having trouble with his bladder again, as he's had off and on his whole life.

My aunt and uncle who have checked on him say he looks very bad. When I called him tonight I spoke with him for about a half an hour. It was very difficult to understand him, his voice was weak and he was slurring a lot.

My sadness for him is overwhelming. He's been in poor health most of his life, on disability since I was a teenager, he's had a rough childhood and likewise a rather difficult life, always in financial trouble, only married once (to my mother) and that didn't last long. He was raised in a manner that made him very bitter towards modern life and progressive agendas, hence our arguments. He would not condone how I dress and other characteristics of me today. I spare him the knowledge of this as I am his only child and I believe he looks at me as his only success. I don't want him to die thinking his only son was a queer fruit cake. Though of course I don't believe I am, but you'd never convince him of that. Considering the difficult life he has led, it's the least I can do for him.

He really doesn't have any friends. Nobody checks on him aside from his immediate family (brothers and sisters), he lives in a basement room in his sisters house.

I love him greatly. He's not perfect and he sure has his faults, but he is my father, and deep down, he is a good man. It rips my heart apart that he is so lonely, I regret so deeply that I have contributed to his loneliness. My aunt told me today that he thought I didn't care for him anymore. At that point I broke down and had to exit the grocery store I was working in and sit in the service van to continue my conversation.

I don't know if he is going to pull through this or not. But I'm just going to have to table the skirts at least once a month or so and visit him, even if I have to rent a car. If he shows no sign of improvement over the weekend, I will most likely pay him a visit on the 23rd of this month as well. I was going to go to Charlottesville on that day for a little Christmas shopping and to visit Ryan from the Mouseworks who will be setting up a booth there. Time permitting, I may still go, but I will probably also visit dad for at least an hour or so as it's somewhat along the way.

Of course if he takes a bad turn in the next several days, I will simply take time off from work as needed to visit. I'll play it by ear. I can't see him this weekend unless he literally goes on his death bed as I'm on call for work.

It's after midnight now and I need to be getting to bed. I'll probably share some stories later, some pleasant memories I've had with dad, there were plenty.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Moon, I'll do my best to send positive vibes and thoughts from the frozen North.

In the interim, inform your boss of what's going on so if you need time off there'll be some forewarning of that coming. It'll "grease the skids" a bit.

Best wishes, sir!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Moon there is never a good time for this. When you go to see him dress the way he wants to remember you. And go and see him. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Dan
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Moon I know things are tough. I figured a little laugh might help .I while back you dared me to put together a christmas outfit. Well all the pieces came in . Please take this as just an attempt to break the tension with a little laugh. Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

:)

Thanks Dan, you're a good guy it did bring a smile to me. I'll be calling dad later today to see how he is.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote::)

Thanks Dan, you're a good guy it did bring a smile to me. I'll be calling dad later today to see how he is.

Glad to see you chiming in.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

All I can say, Moon, is try not to feel guilty or remorseful. I think your approach of shielding him from things he would find uncomfortable for him is very correct, and kudos to you for being aware enough to understand that. Many people do not.

I was estranged from my father most of his life by his own actions. A reprobate drunk, he eventually found a new wife compatible with that then spent the rest of his life getting sympathy by saying he had a son whose mother poisoned him (me) against him. Nothing could've been be farther from the truth --my mom hid most details from me and always welcomed his making contact with me-- but I think pulling my picture out of his wallet at Christmas made people "understand" when he drank a little more than usual. He was manipulative like that. But people in all their imperfections suffer and we suffer for them too. His wife, in dementia not far behind him, scolded me once for not having more contact with him. That stung a bit, especially since he had kept his whereabouts obscured from us for his whole life, but I persevered and had a few phone conversations with him that I could tell meant something to him even in his advancing dementia in a nursing home. He died there, leaving a legal nightmare for me and his siblings in his will over a minor rural property, which seems a bit like my karma for not being closer with him, but of course it's not. He made his own suffering and ultimately I did all I was going to do to alleviate it, and I'm at peace with that. I hope you may be at peace with your own trials as well.
Daryl...
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Don't let politics become between you two, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Your father is lucky to have you for a son. My father wasn't worthy of me attending his funeral. Way more to it than that.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Moon, we have supported several families through the last days of a loved one’s life. Rarely do the difficulties of the past matter. I expect your Dad will be glad to see you (though as you’ve noted, discretion in clothing is wise and a sign of respect to him).

I will try to remember to pray for you all. My wife would be better at remembering, but as she is unaware of this forum...

Every blessing

Steven
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

My thoughts are with you and hoping that your dad recovers.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Moon and I appreciate all the Prayers and thoughts. As well as those who've Pm. We'll be heading down to Bedford, Va on the 29th unless anything changes before hand.