Skirted accountants

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Skirted accountants

Post by moonshadow »

I've noticed a great number of active members here are accountants...

Is that because men wearing skirts is a formula that just.... adds up??

Or maybe... it just... makes cents... :lol:

Maybe wearing trousers is seen as a... debit..

Because a skirt wearing man in the house is always a... credit...

:rofl:

Okay... I'll stop.... :mrgreen: :D
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirted accountants

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:I've noticed a great number of active members here are accountants...
Is that because men wearing skirts is a formula that just.... adds up??
Or maybe... it just... makes cents... :lol:
Maybe wearing trousers is seen as a... debit..
Because a skirt wearing man in the house is always a... credit...
:rofl:
Okay... I'll stop.... :mrgreen: :D
Don't stop! I have now had a great laugh today and that always makes me feel good. :lol: :lol: :thumright:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote:Don't stop!
Seconded. The more puns you can put on the ledger the better your balance will be.

It's not precisely the same thing, but I've tangled with accounting software before, and can honestly say that it's deathly dull and demanding of extreme precision (e.g. floating point is not good enough). Those encounters alone usually made me head out to a local bar shortly after I finished the task. And before anyone asks: Yes, I know COBOL. I also know what packed decimal is. I'm not sure whether it's related to my skirt-wearing, but at some level it possibly is -- as a form of rebellion.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote:It's not precisely the same thing, but I've tangled with accounting software before, and can honestly say that it's deathly dull and demanding of extreme precision (e.g. floating point is not good enough). Those encounters alone usually made me head out to a local bar shortly after I finished the task. And before anyone asks: Yes, I know COBOL. I also know what packed decimal is. I'm not sure whether it's related to my skirt-wearing, but at some level it possibly is -- a a form of rebellion.
There's always room for some computing puns!!

Wearing a skirt is easy, if you've got the drive. When Carl goes out, anyone can see he's got his own program, some might wonder if he's non-binary, to which his answer may not compute with some... But one thing is for sure... he's got a lot of soft-wear.... :alien:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
PatJ
Member Extraordinaire

Post by PatJ »

As an old accountant myself,

I assure you that Accountants never die.

We do lose our balance though.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Is an accountant as dull as a Dutch civil servant?

There is a rumor that when a Dutch civil servant dies and is cremated, they make sleeping powder out of the ashes.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I am a CPA I know it isn't a proper word but could it be CPA Considering " Pantless " Apparel
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

The government here in Ireland have developed quite some time ago a weapon so deadly that it cannot ever be fired. It is called the 'Civil Servant'. These carry with them a guaranteed good pension which any good accountant will tell you will see them comfortably off in their dotage.

Not being one of either, I SKIRT the issue and hire one to do the necessary each year and I'm still working at 75+ to stave off abject poverty for the mo. When I do stop work, there'll be no more bespoke outfits, that's for sure.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !