The role of a man...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The role of a man...

Post by oldsalt1 »

Jenn I feel sorry for you if the only way you can handle an argument is to result to name calling
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

oldsalt1 wrote:And before you quote a 6 paragraph response Tell me can you honestly say you have better and cheaper healthcare today than you did pre obama care
My cost and coverage for medical care (employer provided at the time) did not change significantly pre and post Obamacare.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

oldsalt1 wrote:Jenn I feel sorry for you if the only way you can handle an argument is to result to name calling

That's the pot calling the kettle black. You're just mad we don't agree with you. I'm taking the high road on this,one have fun arguing with yourself lol.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Touch of the ol' Cognitive Dissonance, eh, Jenn ?

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Kirbstone wrote:Touch of the ol' Cognitive Dissonance, eh, Jenn ?

Tom

Just stating a fact. I'm not offended at all but if you go back and read he argues with all who doesn't agree with him. Just saying. Anyways this thread has been drifted way off from what the topic was. The role of a man, not the role of Healthcare or if,people don't like the USA they can leave.
Last edited by Elisabetta on Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

It seems that this thread has lost it's way.
The role of a man is to provide for his family. :D
The role of a woman is to provide for her family. :D
The role of the kids is to drive the man and the woman crazy. :twisted:
It is as simple as that! :hand:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Fred in Skirts wrote:It seems that this thread has lost it's way.
The role of a man is to provide for his family. :D
The role of a woman is to provide for her family. :D
The role of the kids is to drive the man and the woman crazy. :twisted:
It is as simple as that! :hand:

I agree with you on a thread drift Fred. Hope you're staying warm with the weather changes.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Moon I will stand by my comment. If a person really thinks that things are so bad that all they can do is complain then I will invite them to go somewhere else that they think is better. If they are unwilling to do so then stop complaining and actually do something to change what you think is wrong, complaining about it doesn't change anything, doing something just might. If you think you are poor, don't gripe about it,, get up and do something to change the situation, if you are not willing to do something I have no need to hear it. I'm willing to help but I do not need another parasite trying live off of my behind.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

hoborob wrote:Moon I will stand by my comment. If a person really thinks that things are so bad that all they can do is complain then I will invite them to go somewhere else that they think is better. If they are unwilling to do so then stop complaining and actually do something to change what you think is wrong, complaining about it doesn't change anything, doing something just might. If you think you are poor, don't gripe about it,, get up and do something to change the situation, if you are not willing to do something I have no need to hear it. I'm willing to help but I do not need another parasite trying live off of my behind.

If I recall it's in the constitution where we have free speach. You have the right not to follow the thread just saying as others have a right to leave the country as you all say. What you all fail to realize is we are all from different states which also has different laws. We pay our taxes and are not mooching off anyone's behinds. However just because in some states things are peachy doesn't mean that applies everywhere.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Jenn, you need to let this go. You and I both know how these things turn out. Let them be right. It's just opinions anyway, because the fact of the matter is they have no actual power to physically remove us from this nation. They can wish it, invite it, rattle on about it all day but in the end that's as far as it can go.

Oldsalt I don't know how we got to "love it or leave it" my exact terminology was "take it or leave it".

Who or what I love is not the issue here and frankly is nobody's business but my own, and wherever I should find myself residing on this planet will be a result if my own choices and not by the force of anyone else.

I feel my patriotism is being called into question here. That's fine... if am branded unpatriotic then so be it. I know my heart and my own place in the world. All you all see is an occasional post on a skirt board.

As far as my overall thoughts and emotions regarding the American experience, all I can say is if you all, after two years of me posting on this site have pegged me as some type of flag burning traitor who sits around and gripes about everything then at jucture I don't know what else I can say to change that perception. So I'm not going to bother... go ahead and think that if it suits your fancy because it won't change a single matter in my real life world, nor will it change the state of my heart.

You all have demonstrated you know your rights well. That's good. So do I. Right now i will exercise my right to walk away from this offensive conversation. Jenn what you do henceforth is your choice but I believe this thread is toast.

As a final comment.. in the future as I watch the various membership here compllain about this or that. I will refrain from comment. But know I will sit back and grin as the hypocrisy unfolds.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote:Jenn, you need to let this go. You and I both know how these things turn out. Let them be right. It's just opinions anyway, because the fact of the matter is they have no actual power to physically remove us from this nation. They can wish it, invite it, rattle on about it all day but in the end that's as far as it can go.

Oldsalt I don't know how we got to "love it or leave it" my exact terminology was "take it or leave it".

Who or what I love is not the issue here and frankly is nobody's business but my own, and wherever I should find myself residing on this planet will be a result if my own choices and not by the force of anyone else.

I feel my patriotism is being called into question here. That's fine... if am branded unpatriotic then so be it. I know my heart and my own place in the world. All you all see is an occasional post on a skirt board.

As far as my overall thoughts and emotions regarding the American experience, all I can say is if you all, after two years of me posting on this site have pegged me as some type of flag burning traitor who sits around and gripes about everything then at jucture I don't know what else I can say to change that perception. So I'm not going to bother... go ahead and think that if it suits your fancy because it won't change a single matter in my real life world, nor will it change the state of my heart.

You all have demonstrated you know your rights well. That's good. So do I. Right now i will exercise my right to walk away from this offensive conversation. Jenn what you do henceforth is your choice but I believe this thread is toast.

As a final comment.. in the future as I watch the various membership here compllain about this or that. I will refrain from comment. But know I will sit back and grin as the hypocrisy unfolds.

As I stated earlier my love its the Pot calling the kettle black they can complain however if someone else does they say leave the country. I'll walk away from this thread however my final comment. What goes around comes around and they'll get there's.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

All right I have tried humor to get this thread back on track, but it seems to want to stay derailed. So I will now leave it to the trash man to take it away.
Bye now!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Ah, "human nature" -- where immovable object meets irresistible force.

What bothers me about this is not the fact that sometimes things get "heated", but the fact that when things start going in directions we don't like we tend get angry instead of thinking about what the drivers are. We are complex creatures with both intellect and emotion -- and sometimes forget that each has its place and use.

So sad.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

OK Children, lets play nice :D

This thread is about The Role Of A Man!
It is NOT about health care, politics or anything
else to do with Government issues(or lack there of).

A man's role, in his family, is to be a provider,
caring and loving leader of his house hold. He
spreads his love to each family member. Yet,
when needed, he will reign in his family members
(children) that misbehave.

Therefore;
:soapbox:

Mod Hat On - - - -

This thread has drifted W A Y - O F F - T O P I C :!:
Each member is entitled to his/her own opinion.
DO NOT CONDEMN THOSE THAT DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU :!:
Each person's opinion is based on his/her location, what teachings
& experiences they had growing up as well as family beliefs.

Civility MUST BE RESTORED :!:

If civility is not restored I WILL LOCK THIS THREAD :!:

Mod Hat Off
(Blasted thing itches like crazy)

Putting away the :soapbox:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Uncle Al wrote:OK Children, lets play nice :D

This thread is about The Role Of A Man!
It is NOT about health care, politics or anything
else to do with Government issues(or lack there of).

A man's role, in his family, is to be a provider,
caring and loving leader of his house hold. He
spreads his love to each family member. Yet,
when needed, he will reign in his family members
(children) that misbehave.

Therefore;
Mod Hat(borrowed from Carl) On - - - -

This thread has drifted W A Y - O F F - T O P I C :!:
Each member is entitled to his/her own opinion.
DO NOT CONDEMN THOSE THAT DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU :!:
Each person's opinion is based on his/her location, what teachings
& experiences they had growing up as well as family beliefs.

Civility MUST BE RESTORED :!:

If civility is not restored I WILL LOCK THIS THREAD :!:

Uncle Al

Mod Hat Off
(Blasted thing itches like crazy)
:clap: :clap: :clap: Yes back to the topic. Thanks Uncle Al