Whatzit?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Whatzit?

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:Not really in the frame of mind for puzzles as packing and cleaning/tidying/last minute jobs for holiday tomorrow.
Enjoy your trip, sir!

It's not like stuff like I've been prattling on about is going to go away in the next few weeks.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thank you, Carl. I will catch up, it's now 6 amish BST and we are just getting up. See you all in just over 2 weeks. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Fred in Skirts wrote:There is a FACE in the middle right part of the picture. :lol:
Yup, caught my eye right away. They say we are preprogrammed to see faces. I know I am.
Daryl...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

OK, here we are six days on and two weeks past the Equinox:
vis-l.jpg
This shows the other end of the day, to be specific, just a little bit past sunset where I live. Due to the inclination of the Earth's axis to the ecliptic, the sun has moved "south" a bit more, and so the terminator is tilted away from the meridians a bit more proving that the days are getting shorter here in New England (not that we needed any more proof than our eyeballs, mind).

It's amazing what we see when we look down from above.

The USA no longer has the ability to fly humans into space, which greatly saddens me because the entire run-up to the Apollo missions is what got me interested in engineering and computing. That driver is now long extinguished, not just because we as a society threw the technology and learned lessons away, but because robots perform the task so much better now than fragile carbon-based bits. However, and we're right on the cusp of it as I write this, at some point we're going to produce sentience in silicon -- and can we ethically send that somewhere that we would not go ourselves?

If you're wondering about what's next in Earth-observing satellites that are used for peaceful purposes (we leave the NRO and the NSA out of this), have a look at what the next-generation of weather satellites are capable of, and if you really want to get your socks blown off have a look at this high-resolution look at the eye of a hurricane.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!