Music for relaxation

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Music for relaxation

Post by Uncle Al »

I could not find this on YouTube.
I hope you don't need a Facebook account to view this.

This should help you relax a bit. Debussy played on a Steinway 'D'
https://www.facebook.com/Donnierankin/v ... 688590189/

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Music for relaxation

Post by Kirbstone »

Uncle Al,

Some years ago I bought the download/print-off of Debussy's 'Reverie', and for a forthcoming musical gathering committed it to memory. It was delivered while stone cold sober as part of a Debussy medley which included his 'Arabesque no 1' and 'Girl with the flaxen hair' on my glorious 1887 Bechstein model B.

Like a lot of stuff committed to memory, unless it is played regularly it 'goes off', and I must refresh it by digging out the music and going through the bits that have gone out the window, so to speak. A lovely piece, for sure and worthy of keeping 'current', so I can deliver it without going off the rails. :cry:

Talking of 'test drives', recently I was visiting a colleague in Osnabruck in N. Germany, when we passed a large piano shop and there in the front window was the ultimate....a 10 ft black Boesendorfer. We went in and there was just one lady attendant who found out I could play & asked me to play something classical on a clavinova or similar for a customer who was interested. I obliged, but then asked then if I could take the Big Boesendorfer 'round the block' briefly. So I got a go at it and in truth I'd need to be Lang-Lang or Ashkenazy to do it justice.

Great fun, though.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Music for relaxation

Post by FranTastic444 »

Something I'm well known for on a car related forum that I frequent is reading up on old posts and 'resurrecting' threads with a response from time to time. For some reason this winds people up on the car site - here's hoping you guys are a little more tolerant of me :-)

Lovely piece of music, Uncle Al. I listen to a lot of music, but it tends to be contemporary / modern content. I've tried to dabble with what I would call 'classical music' in the past by listening to Radio 3 (UK) or some of the content on RSR (Swiss) as well as checking out some of the Proms content - I should listen to more. I'm a great fan of Penguin Cafe Orchestra (When in Rome is one of my all time favourite albums) and I like to listen to John Williams (the guitarist, not the composer).

I'm envious of people who can sit at a piano and kick out great tunes (Jules Holland springs to mind) and, as an aside, those who can speak more than one language.

Here is a piece of relaxing piano music that I like.