new fashion at walmart

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

new fashion at walmart

Post by Gusto10 »

Many times one can see at the website of walmart comments concerning people wearing clothing out of the box. Seemigly such items are sold by Walmart. Some examples

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/3981b8 ... nBg=FFFFFF

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Smooth-Satin ... tual_color
Yuki

Re: new fashion at walmart

Post by Yuki »

I had to check the URL when I saw this. I'm kinda shocked that that is a thing. Props to Walmart for taking a step forward with a new market! I wonder if I'll see this popping up in the brick and mortar or if this will be online only.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Yuki wrote:I had to check the URL when I saw this. I'm kinda shocked that that is a thing. Props to Walmart for taking a step forward with a new market! I wonder if I'll see this popping up in the brick and mortar or if this will be online only.
Too bad there's no customer feedback posted on this. That would've been interesting. I think I'll save the link and check back.

There's a fairly active message board on men wearing bras at https://hellotaxi.websitetoolbox.com. They have all types: overweight men, cross-dressers, transsexuals, men who don't have breasts but want them, men who have them and don't, curiosity seekers, fetishists...

Watching that board led me to buy a few bras for myself. Finding something I liked took some experimenting but I did eventually find my style and now I wear them most of the time for the oddity and the feel. I don't wear anything that shows but I may eventually try an outing with projection if I can get over the expense of the forms.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Interesting that Walmart is acting as a storefront for http://www.bodyaware.com and http://www.xdress.com

:ugeek:
Ralph
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ralph »

I'm with Yuki -- my first thought was that this was either a troll site with a similar-but-not-quite variant of the domain name to fool people who aren't looking too closely, or their website got hacked. I can't wait to see what kind of reviews they get!

What would be really funny is if their base demographic, the ultraconservative redneck, got wind of this and had to find another retailer to switch their loyalty to.
OK, I can't resist... :D
Ralph!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ralph wrote:What would be really funny is if their base demographic, the ultraconservative redneck, got wind of this and had to find another retailer to switch their loyalty to.
I got a kick out of the image! :lol:

What would be really wild is if our friend, Phil here actually promoted it and suddenly every ultra-redneck good old boy is donning bright red lacey bras and panties! It certainly wouldn't be the stupidest style I've seen.

Remember... they're sheeple! They'll do anything that flickering box tells them to! :mrgreen: :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Remember... they're sheeple! They'll do anything that flickering box tells them to! :mrgreen: :lol:
Well, that does wonders for my view of humanity in the local sphere.

How 'bout telling them to, "Get back in the truck." and hope the carbon monoxide does its thing. (This was an actual court case here in Massachusetts recently; the 18-year-old chick who egged her boyfriend so walked yesterday, in spite of a conviction (which will needless to say, be overturned on appeal). <spit>)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

crfriend wrote:How 'bout telling them to, "Get back in the truck." and hope the carbon monoxide does its thing. (This was an actual court case here in Massachusetts recently; the 18-year-old chick who egged her boyfriend so walked yesterday, in spite of a conviction (which will needless to say, be overturned on appeal). <spit>)
I saw that news item, but hadn't read the sentence passed.

Begs the question: what if the boyfriend had egged his "girlfriend" to the same fate? Highly likely it would've resulted in a custodial sentence!

Double standards? Yes. Bias and discrimination not just condoned, but actively exercised by the "justice" system. And it's the same here in the UK.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:Begs the question: what if the boyfriend had egged his "girlfriend" to the same fate? Highly likely it would've resulted in a custodial sentence!
The guy would have been tried as an adult instead of as a juvenile and likely received a 15 year sentence. She went home to her family and a nice dinner. I had an extra Guinness whilst waiting to hear the final remarks and realised that I'd made a mistake because the miscarriage really torqued me off.

Now, technically, this is a stay on the 15 months' incarceration she was sentenced to, and it's stayed pending an appeal (which, given Massachusetts, is virtually certain to succeed), and the appeal is going to be on the grounds of -- get this -- freedom of speech. That sort of leaves one dumbstruck (in the truest meaning of the word).
Double standards? Yes. Bias and discrimination not just condoned, but actively exercised by the "justice" system. And it's the same here in the UK.
I'm saddened that this sort of madness has infected your shores as well.

How many other guys are going to suffer this sort of abuse before society -- and "The System" -- begins to "get it"?
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

The governments of all of the worlds nations are biased the same way. There is no Justice for men. :evil:

If it is good for the goose then it should be good for the gander. But like Zero Tolerance if it requires thinking then we will do that which does not require thinking. :(
It is never in our lifetimes going to get any better. :soapbox:
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Fred in Skirts wrote:The governments of all of the worlds nations are biased the same way. There is no Justice for men. :evil:

If it is good for the goose then it should be good for the gander. But like Zero Tolerance if it requires thinking then we will do that which does not require thinking. :(
It is never in our lifetimes going to get any better. :soapbox:
Fred
During the many civil proceedings with which I was confronted the last few years, I noted that especially (international) family law has become a field of female lawyers. I guess that since the UK has Unisex public lavatories, I should say lawyers. They are critical of the old boys network, but their network is much more intricate. Imo, if VW, Mercedes and BMW would have been run by women, the kartel wouldn't have come into the picture.
stevelous

Post by stevelous »

For some reason Women are treated in law as not being fully adult. Many times when a crime is tried with both the man and woman charged with the same thing the man gets a much longer sentence.

It seems the law still does not think woman have their own thoughts and they slavishly follow the man. It stinks and until the attitude of the judges change, even the female ones, men will still get less justice

Even when the man has not committed the crime he should have stopped it! But not the other way round!
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

stevelous wrote:For some reason Women are treated in law as not being fully adult. Many times when a crime is tried with both the man and woman charged with the same thing the man gets a much longer sentence.

It seems the law still does not think woman have their own thoughts and they slavishly follow the man. It stinks and until the attitude of the judges change, even the female ones, men will still get less justice

Even when the man has not committed the crime he should have stopped it! But not the other way round!
The US supreme court has recently indicated that gender specific laws are discriminatory "sessions v Morales santos".
stevelous

Post by stevelous »

Here in the Uk we still treat women as being under the influence of males when it comes to convictions and sentencing. Strange as we have our Queen, the best politician we have, also PM May.

It is about time the sexual equality laws provided protection for all. Sadly our government sees men as expendable, lots of industrial accidents and deaths for men as opposed to very few for women. Not that I want the numbers to equalise unless it is as close to zero as possible but it dies show the inequality of the sexes.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It could be worse. In the USA men are considered to be (1) limitless ATMs, (2) sperm-donors, or (3) potential prisoners. There's not a whole lot of latitude in that stretch. Enjoy what you have.