Flow Chart

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Flow Chart

Post by Gregg1100 »

How right is this;

moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Flow Chart

Post by moonshadow »

Indeed, but I always figured the executives would sit at the top.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote:Indeed, but I always figured the executives would sit at the top.
The "Flow Chart" is many years out of date. Recall that the proper title of the critter that's now known as "CEO" ("Chief Executive Officer") is "General Manager". The effect is known as "title inflation".

Elder firms had a President and, perhaps, a Vice-President. Partnerships had Partners. Nowadays, the title of "Senior Vice President" holds about as much weight as "Associate" (in Wal-Mart speak) so the game got artificially upped. An "Associate" is now a grovelling lackey, a "Manager" is, at best, a low-level supervisor of grovelling lackeys, and the stack grows from there -- getting fatter and producing more "fallout" with each added layer. At least in a proper "wedding-cake" setup [0] yield increases exponentially with the number of layers; in a corporate setting yield tends to decrease with the number of layers.

But, largely, the chart remains perceptually correct in all aspects of the views from above an below. In dog-sledding terms it's oft been said that unless you're the lead dog the view never varies. (I feel that way on the Interstate motorways most of the time. Why does the Registry of Motor Vehicles care so much about vision acuity when the farthest one is ever going to see in the arse end of the monster-truck in front one one?)

[0] See thermonuclear weapons design.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

In my view the manager would be the top dog or owner. The executives would be the mainly useless brain dead nerds. The Departments would be still useless . The Rest would be the actual people and foremen/women who run the factory- thats why they look up and see arseholes.
In my travels as an HGV 1 driver, I often had to go to a place and pick up or deliver goods. Some of the people in so called authority that I had to deal with shouldn't have been in charge of an egg and spoon race. More frightening, who were the pillocks who chose that person for the job in the first place.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Organisational hierarchy

Post by Sinned »

They say that everybody rises to their own level of incompetence! :lol:

I surpassed mine long ago and am now climbing down the ladder.

BTW a flow chart is: "a diagram of the sequence of movements or actions of people or things involved in a complex system or activity or a graphical representation of a computer program in relation to its sequence of functions (as distinct from the data it processes)." So what you have shown is not really a flow chart as there is no movement particularly on the upper levels. It is more of an organisational hierarchy. But then that's just me being pedantic. Take no notice.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

In this case it's not a systematic representation of motion or a defined sequence of events but rather the flow of excrement from top to bottom.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

That's good Carl, very good. I concede partly on the logic but also on the fact that it's in the high twenties new money and I can't be pestered to disagree. Spent 4 hours in a shop working, managed to find a few spots where I could feel the cool current of the air conditioning. Now at home wearing very little and a miniskirt. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.