Though corporate America may have no soul...

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Though corporate America may have no soul...

Post by moonshadow »

... thankfully there are lowly maintenance men who like to plant little Easter eggs here and there to bring a smile to the faces of minimum wage workers everywhere! :D :wink:

Because life's too short to be remembered as an ass...

"Yeah... he was an odd one, but I do miss his little smiley faces he'd put on fixed equipment when he arrived after hours, and the little messages he'd program in the chicken fryers.. " :lol:

-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Though corporate America may have no soul...

Post by Sinned »

Moon, very good. Are they your inserts or someone else's. In my time as a software developer I would sometimes make the responses from input and in particular error messages have a slightly humorous tone to them. Nothing outrageous and not always as that would be a serious matter but in some of the less obvious messages. Once, as part of an April Fool's gag we aliased commands on the DEC VAX's so that people thought that strange things were happening. Took ages in preparation bout only about 5 minutes to remove. There's a shore-based submarine trainer that has sections of the destruction manual of the Red Oktober game in it. I wonder if the military ever cottoned onto that. Maybe not as there's been no visitation in the middle of the night. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sinned wrote:...In my time as a software developer I would sometimes make the responses from input and in particular error messages have a slightly humorous tone to them...
One of my favorites was an error messages that said, "Not enough memory to display error message."

I also remember one that said, "End of job, but sorry, Charlie, only the best get to be Starkist."

And another, "Unknown error. Correct the problem and re-run."

And a Web page that read," This is the end of the Internet. Congratulations. You've seen it all."
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I like one that we used on that DEC day:

Every morning is the dawn of a new error ....

Cannot find REALITY.SYS
Universe halted
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote: Are they your inserts or someone else's.
I put the "BE HAPPY!" in there. I kicked around a number of ideas. Seeing as how it was a chicken fryer, I debated on "LUV CHICKS", but thought that might be pushing it.... :lol:

We here at Food Equipment Service are a very eccentric bunch... we have a man who wear's skirts and dresses, a flat Earther, one who has extra terrestrial experiences, one who has been known to pull over on long drives and write random poetry, one from Georgia, the religious man, and the "normal guy".

Bet you'll never guess which one I consider one of my closest non-family friends....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:We here at Food Equipment Service are a very eccentric bunch... we have a man who wear's skirts and dresses, a flat Earther, one who has extra terrestrial experiences, one who has been known to pull over on long drives and write random poetry, one from Georgia, the religious man, and the "normal guy".
Bet you'll never guess which one I consider one of my closest non-family friends....
Let me guess the "Religious Guy"!! :pray: :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
moonshadow wrote:We here at Food Equipment Service are a very eccentric bunch... we have a man who wear's skirts and dresses, a flat Earther, one who has extra terrestrial experiences, one who has been known to pull over on long drives and write random poetry, one from Georgia, the religious man, and the "normal guy".
Let me guess the "Religious Guy"!! :pray: :lol: :lol:
You are correct Fred! He keeps me leveled out... :alien:
-Andrea
whorton

Post by whorton »

moonshadow wrote:
Sinned wrote:

We here at Food Equipment Service are a very eccentric bunch... one who has extra terrestrial experiences . . .

Please ask about otherworldly gender related clothing. I am wondering if it's an Earth unique phenomenon!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

whorton wrote:Please ask about otherworldly gender related clothing. I am wondering if it's an Earth unique phenomenon!
An excellent question! I'll be sure to keep that in my back pocket for when the subject comes up again... :mrgreen:
-Andrea
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

whorton wrote:Please ask about otherworldly gender related clothing. I am wondering if it's an Earth unique phenomenon!
It's interesting that among all the science fiction books, movies, and TV shows ever made, virtually none have male characters who wear skirts. Wouldn't you think there'd be some percentage?

And yeah, I know, there were a (very) few Star Trek scenes, but nothing ongoing.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'd say that any species that mastered a method for faster than light space travel most likely doesn't have any gender hang ups among their own kind...

They might not even wear clothes at all!
-Andrea
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Caultron wrote: It's interesting that among all the science fiction books, movies, and TV shows ever made, virtually none have male characters who wear skirts. Wouldn't you think there'd be some percentage?

And yeah, I know, there were a (very) few Star Trek scenes, but nothing ongoing.
As I have posted previously in this forum, Heinz Nerich Windermere, a prince (later king) from the 2016 science fiction anime Macross Delta wears an outfit that includes a skirt:
らき☆
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Judah, that's all very well, and I don't follow anime, but the character, if I can shed the best light on this, I would like to say looks androgynous but to be frank looks very, very feminine. Just based on the drawings I would have said that it was a girl and a very attractive one at that. If I was a boy and looked like that I would be worried, unless I did want to look like a girl. Sorry, Judah, but just saying it as I see it.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Sinned wrote:Judah, that's all very well, and I don't follow anime, but the character, if I can shed the best light on this, I would like to say looks androgynous but to be frank looks very, very feminine. Just based on the drawings I would have said that it was a girl and a very attractive one at that. If I was a boy and looked like that I would be worried, unless I did want to look like a girl. Sorry, Judah, but just saying it as I see it.
I must agree.
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Sinned wrote:Judah, that's all very well, and I don't follow anime, but the character, if I can shed the best light on this, I would like to say looks androgynous but to be frank looks very, very feminine. Just based on the drawings I would have said that it was a girl and a very attractive one at that. If I was a boy and looked like that I would be worried, unless I did want to look like a girl. Sorry, Judah, but just saying it as I see it.
Yes, he does look feminine, though in-universe it is because he is not a human and has different cultural values (males of his species look feminine), and anime tend to include male characters who look feminine. I think his appearance and outfit are inspired by depictions of the Child Jesus (Santo Niño):
らき☆