This is so true

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

This is so true

Post by Uncle Al »

I've had to stop typing a post, re-write the post, then trash the post because - - -

:hmmm: this must be SELF MODERATION :!:

:rofl:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: This is so true

Post by Sinned »

In that alternative time-frame called teens/young adulthood I never was known for my diplomacy and tact. The change came through years of marriage which teaches one when to speak up and when to keep one's mouth well and truly closed. Now MOH complains that I don't talk enough to her. Jeez one can't win, in fact one can't even draw, not in any skirmish with TOS. I find myself pausing before speaking to determine whether anything I say can cause offense. I think of the old adage - better to stay silent and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

That could actually be a useful talking-point to get started on. "You, know dear, it seems as though lately I haven't been able to say a thing without somehow offending or hurting you, and I don't want to do that. That's why I've been quiet."

I don't actually think it's the skirts; I rather suspect there's another pachyderm in the room of mammoth proportions that nobody sees because of the smaller one standing if front of it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Ha, I have done a bit of self moderation. However: Silence in a physical environment; people think you may be wise, or a fool. Silence on a forum; you don't exist, although one could use an emoticon without any text. :silent:
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia