Moggies.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
stevelous

Moggies.

Post by stevelous »

Got my techno cat watching me type on the computer, named Snowball but is a tux cat. Our vet loves the joke. Raised her since she was 4 weeks old having rescued her from an abusive situation.

Just one of 6 we have in our house, all neutered and well looked after. As companion animals they are the best, loving, kind, warm and full of life. I would never get rid of any one of them.

Since my wife became ill with Potts Disease (spinal TB) these cats have been her constant companions keeping her moral up. Sadly she has a back brace but the TB has responded well to the medication. On a happier note the spine while damaged has made a new joint at 45 degrees to the normal and we hope to have the brace removed at the end of the month.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Moggies.

Post by john62 »

Have to disagree, dogs are much better than cats :D

John
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

john62 wrote:Have to disagree, dogs are much better than cats :D
Oh no no no... cats are clearly superior! :wink: 8)

With the exception of Wendy, my now deceased black lab mix dog that I had from 7th grade until I was 29 years old.

She was the best friend I ever had. I'd give away every possession I have to have another summer with her, running through the woods, playing in streams, and now... wearing a skirt while doing it. I bet we'd have a blast!

-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Cats or Dogs, Hamsters or Rats, Parrots, whatever. Pets are one of the few things that make life worth living sometimes. I'd love a dog, but I can't keep one, wouldn't be fair to the dog amongst other things. Cats are simpler in that regard, as long as you are an adequate servant, they're happy. We have two, one from me, one from her. Madam would love to come out and have some fun with Pickles, but the old idiot doesn't realise he is a cat, and doesn't understand what that other creature is, so swears and cusses at her until she actually pays attention, then it's "Oh, you want piece of me sucker? All right then, let's get busy!" And all hell breaks loose. So they still work in shifts.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I have had dogs and come from a doggy family. However my choice these days is cats. I don't think it is fair to a dog to go to work and leave it alone in the house until I get home. A collection of cats keep each other company, and let themselves out to do the necessary. I am also convinced that cats are more intelligent, the way they play and tease I am also convinced that they have a sense of humour!
I really miss my little family, the way Rover the cat used to walk between my legs and peep up at me from under my skirt, the way 2 Stroke loved to bump noses and walk across me when I was in bed. The way Bovril used to help me play guitar. They were good company and are all sadly missed.
There is a plan, to arrange for a new set of kittens in the house, but not until I can get some suitable steel mesh to protect my hifi speakers from climbing furballs, as well as finishing off a few bits of house to stop kitties disappearing into the walls!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Currently we have a total of 6 cats or moggies. One lords it over our tenant in the 'studio' a couple of hundred yards down the garden, one prefers to live in our garage, two are 'barn cats' looking after where we store the hay & straw (for the donkeys). The last two are 'house cats' and avoid my Benjy when possible, but if they meet, they fight their corner so fiercely that 7-stone Benjy backs off!

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !