Get Your Red Dress On!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Get Your Red Dress On!

Post by skirtyscot »

Sorry to hear about your Mum, Dave. It's good that you are able to take the long view of her life and her passing. There's only so long any of us can last.

It looks like you can look forward to a long life yourself, with both parents having made it past 90.

As for yet another women's health day, they do irk me. It sometimes seems like one day in four is earmarked as one. Breast cancer awareness days: can there possibly be anyone left on the planet who remains unaware of it? The corresponding men's days are fewer and less well publicised. Yet they live longer than us already; how about some extra help for the underdog?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

In fact, I'm so annoyed by them that if my employer encouraged us to mark women's health day by wearing a red dress, I would turn up in a red skirt in protest! :lol:
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Women's issues....... employers.... ignoring the plight of the male sex......
....mu-mu-mussstt resist...... promised I w,w,w,would behave...... :P

:hide:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:Women's issues....... employers.... ignoring the plight of the male sex......

Moon,
You always give me a good laugh. :rofl: :rofl:

Keep it up!!

See PM from little ole' me.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

skirtyscot wrote:In fact, I'm so annoyed by them that if my employer encouraged us to mark women's health day by wearing a red dress, I would turn up in a red skirt in protest! :lol:
That'd work. Or, just go along with them and wear one yourself. Heart problems affect everyone. So, keep it as a red dress day, but encourage males to wear one as well on that day, since guys also get heart disease.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

moonshadow wrote:Although I share the view that separating healthy initiatives by gender or sex is somewhat silly, unless it's pertaining to a part exclusive to one sex or the other (i.e. ovaries, testicles, etc), I will say that in light of your question, as much as it's hard to believe, and maybe not pushed in the media as much, men do have their day too.
Well, that makes the men's health / women's health ratio 1:51 weeks!
However, lest we forget that one sure fire way to help promote personal heart health is not to be bothered by little things like this. :P
Agreed; but it's difficult not to get riled up by the distinct bias when it seems so overt, just as we (may) encounter similar in wearing a skirt.
moonshadow wrote:Women's issues....... employers.... ignoring the plight of the male sex......

Resistance is futile; join the collective :lol:

OK, maybe I shouldn't goad you; but I always feel as though your "rants" (if that's the correct description), whilst heartfelt, remain emotively detached (i.e. you seem to keep your cool when 8) others lose it!)
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

skirtyscot wrote:In fact, I'm so annoyed by them that if my employer encouraged us to mark women's health day by wearing a red dress, I would turn up in a red skirt in protest! :lol:
I thought you were self-employed? I like your idea though!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Oops! Looks like my profile is a couple of years out of date!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair