Boys' Toys.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Boys' Toys.

Post by Kirbstone »

Uncle Al,

The guy lives in Woldingham, just near the Southern arm of the M25, London's orbital M-way. My problem is the wet bit in between.....the Irish Sea, so I'm only likely to get a stab at his machine once every very seldom. :blue:
I have a small selection of short Bach and Handel pieces committed to memory, a few of which I rattled off while I was with him. The pedal board, of course is alien territory to me, a sometime piano player.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Snazzy two-wheeler woodivore

Post by Kirbstone »

Following our 'Fall' here at Kirbstone Towers MOH invested in this sexy little bird-puller, Bright red, Wide mouth, large red sensuous lips &c.

Powered by Honda as so many are, she has a voracious appetite for thinnings at the hedge & treetops, but disappointingly can only deal with a max. of 2,5 inch dia. feed, so it's no good for getting rid of, e.g. body parts! :evil:

The feed funnel is conveniently designed to be longer than a human arm, so groping in there won't lose you your fingers anytime soon. Rated at a mere 99 decibels it's polite just to whisper while it is operating. MOH can't pull start it, so it's definitely a Boys' Toy. To date I've converted several large piles of thin branches into wood chippings, which have a variety of uses, so MOH tells me. Alas, there remain lots of large piles of branches around the grounds awaiting attention in the coming weeks/months /years! :blue:

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

The BIG BOY model was used in the movie "Fargo" - that baby could take on 6 inch diameter logs - and -
then there was the problem of the back splash of blood at the scene of the crime.
Nice that kirbstone's model has safe guards to prevent overkill !

I can image the noise from the chain saws clearing the heavier stuff away but it beats hacking away with a MacGyver Swiss knife !

At least with the kindling and small brush you won't have to worry about keeping the homefires burning this winter for heat.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Letting my younger son loose in the garden with a powerful chainsaw wasn't so bad for me after all. I was at work during the day. I agree, most of the 'bodies' he left lying around after a day's massacre were far too big for that little twig grinder and will eventually be used as firewood. Out in the country where we are, one may still use open fires in the house and light bonfires in the grounds, provided the wind direction carries the smoke away from neighbours.

We still have half a shed-full of peat for burning, or 'turf' as we Irish call it. With the sudden arrival of so much firewood, the peat will last a long time. Not that it would apply elsewhere, but by far the best domestic glowing open fire one could achieve is using a combination of all three available solid fuels....a 'turf' fire with a log or two of timber, and some coal added. Great heat, splendid flames and that lovely peaty aroma as well :idea: :D

Tom
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Kirbstone wrote: Great heat, splendid flames and that lovely peaty aroma as well :idea: :D

Tom
Also in the whiskey like in some whisky's?