Leonard Cohen, dead at age 82

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Leonard Cohen, dead at age 82

Post by trainspotter48 »

My apologies for the misinformation - Los Gatos is indeed credited to Woody Guthrie.

I do have in my collection a Sony/Columbia CD (CD 32644) originally produced in 1975 titled 'Leonard Cohen Greatest Hits' that features 'Bird on a Wire' and 'Hey, that's no way to say Goodbye'.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

No, none of those songs ring a bell, but I found them thoughtful and worthy of listening to again and studying the lyrics. I'll definitely be looking for more of his works. I don't know why he's never come over my horizon even though have heard of him from time to time. Thanks.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Okay, I would have expected his songs to have been better known across the Atlantic, since he did a goodly number of performances there. Judy Collins had a big hit with the song "Suzanne" back in the late sixties, maybe 1970...cant remember exactly. Cohen was never a real attention-seeker, and was essentially a generation older than us "boomers"; he didn't tour widely and generally played small venues. He was absorbed in his art, and had some personal troubles, including discovering that his long-time manager/agent had stolen all his money. Please do hit you tube and check out his songs.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...