Trump vs Clinton vs The Rest

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Trump vs Clinton vs The Rest

Post by dillon »

dillon wrote:
r.m.anderson wrote:Well the Republicans and Trump have 4 years to accomplish something.
AND if not then the fool me once voters can throw the rascals out and not make the same mistake that is unless the Republicans stack the rigged system - Humm !

I would guess at that point in time that a new Revolutionary War would have to be engaged to Take back Making America Great AGAIN !
You don't think that Donald would nuke his own American citizens - Time will tell !
Let's face it RM...Trumps hidden slogan that won him the election was "Let's Make America WHITE Again"...
And if you want to know just how OLD, WHITE, and MALE the Trump Administration will be, take a look at some of the (figurative) corpses he is reportedly exhuming to fill cabinet posts: Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, John Bolton, and the old Dixie-crat Jeff Sessions of Alabama; on the female side, Sarah Palin is prominently mentioned...doubtless as a nod to the Evangelicals, and Dr. Ben Carson is the one splash of color in an otherwise lily-white team. Trump is reportedly starting to backpaddle from a few of his positions, as he seems prepared to give Treasury Secretary to Steven Mnuchin, a big donor who was one of the helmsmen for Goldman-Sachs when the investment firm, along with others, crashed our economy. This is a "180" from Trump's stated anti-Wall Street pledge.

And yesterday Trump dodged a question about his pledge to block Muslim immigration.

For Ag Secretary, he is reportedly enlisting Texas Ag commissioner Sid Miller, who, shortly before the election, "tweeted" a message referring to Hillary Clinton as a "c-nt".

And good news for the environment! NOT!! Trump is reportedly giving the Energy dept to Oklahoma billionaire oilman Harold Hamm, the Interior Dept to another billionaire oilman, Forrest Lucas, and the EPA to climate-change denier Myron Ebell. As if last summer wasn't hot enough...

I'm starting to look at this election as America's suicide note...

At least I have an excuse for four years of drinking heavily...which, by the end of his term, will no doubt be exclusively "Victory Gin."
82bc0553cc954d2a6bb3da5bdb57c800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dillon on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:Tuesday night when the election returns made it clear to me that Trump was going to be our next President I had the clear thought that, "Maybe this is the time to dial my wardrobe (skirting) back!" When I woke up Wednesday morning I thought, "What was I thinking last night, nothing has really changed," so there was no objective reason to change my behavior. Dawn's report reactivated the dormant '60's activist in me. I texted her to ask her to tell me about any rallies, demonstrations, etc. for LGBT rights because as far as I was concerned I was one (a T) and I am going to stand up for myself.

I urge all of you to do likewise. DO NOT go back undercover; step out more often and more boldly than ever. The answer to the narrow-minded bigotry that Donald Trump has encouraged with his rallies and tweets and rhetoric is to proudly show our countrymen just how much diversity is in our communities all over the country and around the world (I don't want to leave out our international brothers.). Never forget, at heart, all bullies are cowards, starting with our recently-elected Bully-in-Chief. All we have to do is stand up to them and we will get our country back!

The Tea Partiers and "militia" members like to brandish the Revolutionary War banner that reads "Don't Tread On Me." If you know any of those types you can tell them for me, I have never had any intention of doing so. But they had better not think about treading on me either because he who tramples last, tramples best. And 3" high heels hurt a helluva lot worse than their jack boots!
Beautifully written Dave! :clap: :cheers:

You and I may have our slight differences on certain parts of law and legislation, but I won't deny that you're a freedom fighter, I'm happy to call you an "online friend", and hope someday I can meet you, shake your hand and move you over to "real world" friend! :)

You all will (I assume) be pleased to know, I wore one of my usual skirted outfits to the grocery store last night, and as normal, nothing happened, other than I purchased my groceries and had some friendly banter with the checker. Just like always! :)

Give your friend Dawn my love Dave, I'm rootin' for her and those like her over here in the C.S.A. We'll keep fighting and we'll win true victory for our nation, and for our children's nation. We will make the world a better, more compassionate, loving, and tolerant place, or die trying. That's my vow.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Thank you Moonshadow, you're a good man!

And a good friend.

Let me know when you start your cross-country road trip. Conversely, if I ever get the RV I have in mind, I'll let you know I'm coming.

My dream is to drive cross-wise across our country from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska to Key West, Florida. With LOTS of detours out and back.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.