Where have so many members gone

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Where have so many members gone

Post by pelmut »

Sinned wrote:... There is a new uniform and for the girls there is an optional kilt skirt which is gorgeous. It's silver and red and I WANT ONE. My quandary is about actually wearing one locally as it is definitely associated with a school so should I try and get one? If I wear it locally it will be associated with girls clothes. What do you think.
Don't even think about wearing one.

I discovered that the material I used to make one of my kilts was a piece left over from the school uniforms of Bruton Girls' School (Somerset), I would never wear that kilt anywhere near Bruton.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks guys, you have confirmed what I thought. In a way I'm glad that you agree with me on this one. Yes, I really like the kilt and if/when I get one I will post a pic. But the association with schoolgirls was just one step too far in my mind and if I wear it out and about it will be far away from where I live. Shame really.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote:[...] There is a new uniform and for the girls there is an optional kilt skirt which is gorgeous. [...]
The question becomes then, "Do the lads enjoy the kilt option as well, or are they stuck in drab?"

I second the opinions of the other guys here who have chimed it. Wearing a similar-looking pattern that's on a local uniform would be a rather bad idea no matter how sharp-looking it is.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

So far no problems for me, although all the school girls around here wear tartan kilts. The only difference is that mine are slightly longer. I do however feel a little annoyed at seeing these kilts worn by the other sex.

Martn
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I agree with the others. No no no no no! No no!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I'm still alive, though a few things have happened, not to mention a mess from Hurricane Matthew here in eastern NC. Some rivers are still rising though I think I should now be able to move westward, at least by Friday. The NE Cape Fear was flooded at every bridge; the Black River has washed away bridges, the Neuse won't crest until Friday and is flooding large portions of several towns, along with one of its tributaries, the Contentnea. I have never seen so much damage inflicted by a storm that never even made landfall. Dennis and Floyd, in 1999, caused the same sort of flooding, worse in places, but both actually made landfall, a week apart.

Also my older brother was badly injured in an accident in July. And one of my dear friends lost his wife in another accident. And work is quite frustrating at the moment, on top of it all. I've been planning retirement for a while, but it looks like maybe 3 more years before it becomes practical, and that is really depressing.

Forgive me if I do not even try to catch up with all the missed posts. I've stopped buying skirts, realizing that I have far more than I can ever realistically get the full use of in the course of my lifetime. I still have a couple pickup-loads of tree debris from the storm to dispose of, and a lot of additional maintenance that needs to be done in my yard, although it is much better than it was a year ago. So I guess I am where KJ was a year or so ago, sort of burned out on the fora, and already doing my own thing to the extent that I choose. I'll check in from time to time but probably won't be chiming in on every topic. Take care, guys...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Best of luck, Dillon. Sorry about all the travails. I'm sure you'll push through, though.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Liam

Post by Liam »

I am still around, and have lately been wearing several different damn near kilt ems to work... although I always sew pockets for cell phone and glasses on the front apron like I do on the kilts I made for myself. Other than thar, nothing much to say I guess.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Hi Dillon, Like Carl said.

I always enjoyed your posts, they were well written and well thought out, but family always comes first.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Reaper_Man
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Reaper_Man »

Hi folks, I'm still around and popping in every so often, been a bit busy of late and i haven't purchased any new skirts or dresses lately so no photo's to post as such and not much to say on recent topics but i still have a read of the threads, when i have something to say you can be assured i will post :D
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

Hi!
Not on the forum every day, and I only rarely check the Off Topic section.

----- Henry
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Yes, I'm still about. I have to admit I lost interest in forums ages ago, and couldn't find the time anyway to keep on checking in to them. If you have too many interests to follow the day is gone before you can do anything else! Still kilting almost every day though. Nobody takes much notice, and it's no big deal any more...just a happy way to go.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Eh I'm around just Moon & I are packing for our move to a new place this week. Finally off the campground and to a more private place.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Mugman,

Any updates on your garden full of trains &c. ?

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
mugman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mugman »

Tom - (My PM might not have reached you on the railway scene. It just kept on staring at me despite clicking on everything going.) Yes, it's been full steam ahead this year. :D Pete